Cropton Forest

chrisv40

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Hi, i know Dalby is a fantastic place but does anyone know much about its neighbour Cropton Forest, i did a ride there years ago and loved it but i cant remember where we started from let alone the route. Has anyone been there recently or no any good routes?

Gil_M is the man to ask about trails around those parts. I know of some pretty good trails on the eastern side of cropton around High Muffles and there are some good bits in it's neighbour to the east- Gale Rigg and Stoney Moor.
There is some excellent riding around those parts on the moors too. One of my old favourites was to start somewhere around Cropton (Newton on Rawcliffe) and head north up onto Wheeldale Moor before heading east over towards the Hole of Horcum via Killing Scar Nab and Needle point. Once round the hole you could loop south over Levisham Moor to the pub before dipping down to the station and the climb over Stoney Moor back to Cropton.
We'll be in Dalby on Saturday if you would like to join us? Gil will be there and he knows all the local stuff.

Cheers
Si

Thanks for that mate, was gonna try to make Dalby on Saturday but i dont think its gonna happen. :cry: :cry:

Latest posts

Back