GT Frames

kaiser

Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
MacRetro Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Are the alloy GT frames all the same? Not Zaskars but the rest? Only differences being kit spec per model?

I think the backwoods and arrowhead frames were plain gauge aluminium but pantera and avalanche frames were butted but the construction was the same from what i have seen along years.

I don;t believe the catalogs say there are any differences until you get to 97 catalog maybe. Very similar 7005 frames 93-96ish. Better finished and colors were always on the higher end Avalanche and Pantera models though.

Cheers, I have a totally rogue frame and wondered what it could be, impulse buy that'll probably never see the light of day :roll:

kaiser":2nhtm1q6 said:
Cheers, I have a totally rogue frame and wondered what it could be, impulse buy that'll probably never see the light of day :roll:

Pics please! ;)

Pickle":186whhb1 said:
kaiser":186whhb1 said:

Pics please! ;)

Pickle, sorry old chum I hadn't forgotten, just hadn't taken the pics. :roll:

There in a thread in the for sale bit

7000, 7005 and 6061 T6 are what I've seen so far along with the Easton frames on Retrobike.

look on the rear drop outs - the frame matreial used to be stamped here.

oh - and gussetss, rear brace between the stays seems to change.

legrandefromage":2laou9zq said:
7000, 7005 and 6061 T6 are what I've seen so far along with the Easton frames on Retrobike.

look on the rear drop outs - the frame matreial used to be stamped here.

oh - and gussetss, rear brace between the stays seems to change.

Cheers buddy have some pics in the for sale section and it does have 7005 on one of the rear dropouts

gt

I believe that the avalanche shares the same frame as the cheaper models, looked at a backwoods that stands parked, where I work and it looks excactly as my avalanche Le. But in original ball burnished.

does anyone know what an 16" avalanche frame weights?

Back