Something a little special arrived! (new, but retro)

JeRkY

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Im sure your all as sick of hearing me harking on about my pace RC200 project as I am about pouring money into it!

But any way, my custom middleburn cranks have arrived.

3fc024ae.jpg

Not the best photo in the world but hey :)

I spoke to middleburn directly after CRC were showing no stock, I mentioned that ideally I was after a gold spider and was aware this wasnt a standard colour option for the spider, however the nice chap at middleburn offered to have one done in gold for me. I placed the order through a local (ish) bike shop Middleburn recomended last week.

Yesterday lunchtime I made the 50 mile round trip to collect them, they didnt dissapoint!

Today the rings arrived from CRC and I couldnt hold my appreciation to myself...hence this post!

Just waiting on the last few parts for the build to arrive in the post (including some trick bits currently thought to be on a slow boat from the US)

I am still waiting for an M953 bottom pull 31.8mm front mech to turn up, until then I have a modern XT in its place.

Shouldnt be long now, then the RC200 thread will be composed!

Ooooo...very nice fella...I guess your budget for this build is climbing somewhat :?: :LOL:

Edit.... :shock: ISIS.....you bad bad man :!: ;)

hehe yeah I know, time being money and all that, it worked out quicker to order isis than square.

And yeah the project cost has really gone a little wild. I cant wait till I find the M953 front mech so I can finally stop throwing money at this one.

P20":3jop3icl said:
Harryburgundy":3jop3icl said:
Edit.... :shock: ISIS.....you bad bad man :!: ;)
Hmmm....... So presumably a Crank Bros or SKF bottombracket?

I went for a stronglight Ti one. The shop I made the middleburn order through had one in sitting on the shelf for a long time so I made them an offer.

Extra mile on your part, and extra mile for them and teh LBS, good to see companies still putting effort in.

So is that the route, go to their recommended suppliers and see about ordering through the shop? does it affect pricing a lot, I guess we typically often go online for choice and price, I'd like to support my LBS's more but the prices sometimes are miles apart.

Back