Some People are just plain nasty ---rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

fotorat1

Retro Guru
Just brought a Lefty from an ebay ad

arrived yesterday and to my horror I saw the paint missing from the steerer clamp bolt hole

on closer inspection the clamp is cracking around the bolt.

Obviously some know it all has over tightened it

My question is this

is this terminal or is it safe to drill a small hole at the end of crack and carry on.

The seller is turning out to be a lying cheating rotton nasty person, no chance of getting him into heaven.

p3pb15615458.jpg

Re:

Dead.
I'm sorry to say. I know a decent priced lefty is hard to come by, but unfortunately this one needs to go back.

The swine is [name removed by mods]

I think he lives in or near Preston

[personal email address removed by mods]

Knowing my luck probably a highly respected moderator!

Any way Jonny refuse to provide me with an address to post it to, so I will have to try my luck with Paypal and in the meanwhile try to source a replacement outer leg.

then I will be posting for advice on how to strip a lefty and fit a new outer.

Latest Comment -

Please send the fork back and I will have it looked at. I've not once said ian refusing to refund ypu, the damage you have just sent a pic of wasn't there when I sent it

This is what I am up against!

I know that but this is the sellers full comment:

Thand for the pixture. The fork didn't look like that went sent so it must have been bashed during transit. Please send the fork back and I will have it looked at. I've not once said ian refusing to refund ypu, the damage you have just sent a pic of wasn't there when I sent it

Just goes to show the lenghts some evil peeps go to.

I only wish I could get a replacement outer for it?

Hi fotorat1

Saw you are having problems on ebay.

The situation is very easily resolved. You need to go onto your purchase history, click on more actions on the item listing and select return item. Select reason from drop down menu and write some details, keep it simple and try not to sound angry, and submit. Simple!

Ebay will automaticlly contact the seller to issue refund and accept return. They will send you return postage label and the seller must refund upon reciept of item. If he doesnt for any reason ebay will refund you in full. The issue is between ebay and the seller, let them sort it out for you, and dont worry as it will get sorted regardless of what he says or does.

And, despite what many think or say, you can return any item for a refund regardless of wether the seller accepts returns or not, and if an item is damaged in the post, or seller says it wasnt like that when he sent it, same thing really, then it is still the sellers responsability to accept return and refund, not the buyers. The seller has to resolve the matter with the courier, not you!

Simple, just do as above and forget about it, it will get sorted. Dont get into an argument with the seller and dont worry about what he says he is prepared to do, and dont just return it to him!! do it through ebay.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back