PACE RC100 BULLSEYE CRANK INSTILLATION

crash victim

Devout Dirtbag
Ok so I have picked up a pace rc100 it has rc35 forks and a bulls eye chainset and bb but im not sure all the parts are there or if its fitted correctly.

Any information and photos or diagrams would help.

crash victim":2kttonee said:
should have made that clearer, the bullseyes.

Can't help you, but there's mucho love for Bullseyes so no doubt someone will come along soon who really knows their onions.

Rampage on here makes the illusive keeps for them if that's what's missing,

Also Petemcc has an RC100 with Bullseyes so might be worth dropping him a line

Re:

I'm not the resident expert but see if this helps you out. If not, let me know specifically what you might be having concerns or questions about.

aoQYCz.gif

Congrats on getting the cranks!

J

Many thanks but the ones I have are 2 peine ones like shimano hollow tech. The bearings press into the pace bb she'll. I'm not sure if it's ment to have spacers and how many bearing are ment to be in there.

Re:

I've got one set of bearings in each side, I also use one 1mm washer on each side to separate the cranks from the bearings. Other than that it should all fit together:

0a6569ee99ed13fcec99def3ce745a26_zpsdpicxthp.jpg

Incredibly close tolerances!

Re:

I haven't got any more photos to hand but be careful when stripping out the BB, the bearings are really rare so rather than junk them you really want to refurbish them if you can. Don't smash them out with a hammer and screwdriver, if you need to take them out then use a proper tool.

The order of parts on mine is:

Drive side crank
1mm washer
Bearing
Bearing
1mm washer
Non drive side arm

I also have a bullseye locking key on mine to keep the non drive arm in place.

The real RC100 expert is Gil_M on here, he could tell you all about the bearings and just about everything else on an RC100!

Back