Mike Muz

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Bontrager Fan
Feedback
View
Hi all,

Are there any exploded diagrams of these levers? Been trying to put a r/h one together but the downshift lever isn't returning. :?
The spring sits in what looks like the right place for the disc above it. Does it need winding 360degrees?

The spring pictured, hooked at the end, doesn't seem to do anything.

Exploded view,

In roughly the right orientation
Thanks

Mike

Re: HELP! M092 sti woes!

Mike Muz 67":mkg1upwk said:
Hi all,

Are there any exploded diagrams of these levers? Been trying to put a r/h one together but the downshift lever isn't returning. :?
The spring sits in what looks like the right place for the disc above it. Does it need winding 360degrees?

Thanks

Mike
I think you need some Gripshift mate ;)

i definitely recall some exploded diagrams floating around on another thread i believe. i'm sure FC will chime in before i get to it. :LOL:

I rebuilt an LX 8 speed version recently as it was not shifting well (front one). Took it apart, nothing untoward it seemed so put it all back together and initially I thought the spring may need winding round as it still wouldn't drop down the gears.

Turned out that the shift indicator pointer thingy was bent and fouling the mechanism, preventing the shifter from releasing properly.

Can't remember if the ones you have had indicators?

Do you have a pic?
There is the howto I made about the xtr shifter pods in the wiki- workshop-section.
Maybe those shifters of yours are similar.

Re:

Photos now added, anyone know where I'm going wrong? :?

Mike

Re:

Just imagine, that some well paid engineer - or a team of em - thought all those little bits and bobs up ... so that they actually work in concert together fairly well (when assembled properly, that is)!

Carry on ... ;)

Re: Re:

k-rod":28b01v0k said:
Just imagine, that some well paid engineer - or a team of em - thought all those little bits and bobs up ... so that they actually work in concert together fairly well (when assembled properly, that is)!

Carry on ... ;)

Yes absolutely, but if i can't get them working properly, I will put back the simpler designed thumbies

Mike

Back