Colnago Ibex (95) Built

Firochromis

Retro Newbie
Hi people,

A bike friend has offered me his Colnago Ibex frame and I gratefully accepted to buy it. Next week I'll receive the frame (and fork).

I have an Italian steel road bike equipped with Campagnolo (even the bottle cage and bottle), and want to go "as Campagnolo as possible" for this Colnago. If not Campagnolo than I can flex my criteria to "as Itailan as possible".

My road bike came to me with Veloce groupset and Proton wheelset, and I changed most of the groupset to Record and wheelset to Eurus. So I have Veloce 10 speed briefters, 12-25 cassette and 700C Proton wheels. I also have a triple (53-42-30) Centaur crankset and a Record triple front der. I have 3ttt Prima 220 dropbar and Evol stem but I guess this bike needs a ahead stem; not a quill one.

What concerns me most is to find a 26” Campy compatible wheelset. Campagnolo doesn’t produce a 26” rims for years and the ones I see on ebay are overpriced. Do you think it would be wise to rip the Proton set off for the hubs and custom make a wheelset with some Mavic rims?

Other than that, I’ll be searching for a long cage rear derailleur,a headset,a 13-29 cassette, seatpost and stem. Any suggestion specific to this frame is welcomed.

Latest posts

Back