Anyone else used gorilla tape for tubeless conversion

Re:

Not personally, but it's a well known alternative to the pricey tubeless rim tape. Easy to use, build up in layers if needed etc.
Just Google it, plenty of "Ghetto" tubeless conversions out there.

Re:

Ive done plenty with standard electricians tape and valves cut from old inner tubes.

I'm using it on a pair of Velocity Blunts, a pair of Duallys and a pair of drilled out Rolling Darryls (80mm rims) w/o problems. Thumbs up.

Re:

That's good news then as I'll try this method 1st.

Tbh I only came across an old gorilla tape thread on some other forum today after I was having trouble getting my valves to seal.

After I posted this question it dawned on me to see what youtube would through up and it didn't disappoint.

There's a few different ways of helping the valve to seal so this has cheered me up as I was pi**ed off with nothing I did working.

Re:

Used it for a couple of years on DTSwiss 420's before going onto Mavic 819's and not needing it anymore , will be doing the other half's shim rims with it when I get round to it , thumbs up from me

Re:

I've just bought a 48mm x 11m roll from wilkos £4.50. A fraction of the price of stans notubes. Plus I'm using roval fattie rims which are 32mm wide and stans don't go up to that

Rampage":349u1j2v said:
What's the advantage over just using an inner tube?

Nowadays 50% of the use of my mtb is on a 20-30 mile stretch of my local canal towpaths which are mostly untouched (not man made paths with shingle) and you would believe how many thorns I get puncturing my tyres. I use to run schwalbe marathon plus for puncture protection it was that bad. At the time I didn't know tubeless ran with the puncture solution within the tyres. After seeing youtube clips of supposedly how good this stuff is i'm going to try it as I'm still getting punctures with these schwalbe's. I'll also use it on my 29er to see how it goes

Back