Increasing Travel on Pace RC36 Evo & my experience with Pace

SpaceFlightOrange

Old School Hero
I dropped my RC36 Evo's (which I've had from new) into Pace for a service and whilst chatting to the guy in the main office (the service centre was closed because the technician had been taken ill) and he mentioned increasing the travel and that they still did the travel kits, so I said do it.

I called to see what was happening (I'll explain this later) and was told that the technician said the travel on this model of fork cannot be upgraded because the piston rod was too short. My understanding was that the kit contained everything to increase the travel. so, is this a correct statement? I've never stripped these forks myself, so i don't know how they work, apart from reading the manual.

Anyway, I took them into Pace because it was Pace that made them in the first place, and I was staying very nearby for a long weekend so i could drop them off an collect them before I went home, but as I said, the technician was taken ill, so they said if I leave them, they post them back to me in the week.

That was 2 weeks ago. They've only got a technician to work on forks this week and apparently he's doing most of them from his own workshop, they must only employ one in Dalby. I've made numerous calls to them this week since Tuesday and been told every time by the person on the phone that they are "in the other office and will go over and find out, and call me back" each time, I've had to call back. I finally got an update this evening after I told her to make sure she calls me, they are going to service my forks on Saturday! 2 weeks I've been waiting. I had a moan to them and they've said they'll not charge me for postage.

I cant believe a company as well established as Pace can be so disorganised. Not impressed at all. Last time they were serviced by Evans, they were done in 3 days with new wiper seals and a new travel indicator, and I had no problems at all. I really never expected this

Back