How much used XC=pro gruppos go for...!?

patineto

Retro Guru
The components are in great shape but for sure used (8/10 for the most part)

No headset, but besides that the gruppo is complete including the seat post..

Somewhere between GBP180 and GBP250, depending on which components are included and which version it is... 7 speed, 8 speed, microdrive or not... And the major influencer is of course how badly you want it :)

much depends upon condition. MD tends to be rarer too.

RD's - 30-60 £
FD's - 15-25 £
pedals - 30-50 £
thumbies - 20-35 £
brake levers 20-30 £
BB - 15-30 £
calipers - who knows - but NOS are available for £30 a set.
cranks n rings 20 - 100 (mint MD are very sought after)

I'd say prices above range from "goodwill-on-here" to top ebay.

cheers
And :cool:

Sorry :? Are you looking to buy the set from someone or have the bits and are looking for a price to sell them on for ?

If its the latter can you pop it in here please :D
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=29681

If you thought you had ,make sure you click POST REPLY and not NEW TOPIC because clicking 'new topic' puts it into retro chat not the sub forum

dyna-ti":1lmwgnox said:
Sorry :? Are you looking to buy the set from someone or have the bits and are looking for a price to sell them on for ?

I'm thinking of buying a complete bike, for the frame and then sell the components as a whole package (including build wheels if is not to expensive to ship from the USA)

Me bad, I did not see that posting before (new here), perhaps a moderator can move my posting there and delete this one..
If you thought you had ,make sure you click POST REPLY and not NEW TOPIC because clicking 'new topic' puts it into retro chat not the sub forum

That I do know how to do..

Thanks and sorry for my mistake..

patineto":8j9ymdrl said:
dyna-ti":8j9ymdrl said:

I'm thinking of buying a complete bike, for the frame and then sell the components as a whole package (including build wheels if is not to expensive to ship from the USA)

Me bad, I did not see that posting before (new here), perhaps a moderator can move my posting there and delete this one..

That I do know how to do..

Thanks and sorry for my mistake..

:LOL: no probs, nobody really cares that much anyway. The might be the odd Hurrumph but thats about it

I have often worried about the bike industry in that they are pricing stuff in a totally unrealistic manner. the prices are just too much and i dont think its down to inflation. More like trying to turn a standard run of the mill mtb, bought from a shop as something akin to aerospace engineering :?
However, it does present smart folk with the opportunity to do exactly what youre doing and if you play youre cards right and are lucky you can end up with what is effectively a free frame and some funds to help build it with.

dyna-ti":11tlf00c said:
:LOL: no probs, nobody really cares that much anyway. The might be the odd Hurrumph but thats about it

Cool, I don't like rotten tomatoes in my face anyway..
I have often worried about the bike industry in that they are pricing stuff in a totally unrealistic manner. the prices are just too much and i dont think its down to inflation. More like trying to turn a standard run of the mill mtb, bought from a shop as something akin to aerospace engineering :

Yeah I don't know what happen, from one day to the next bicycles became as expensive as fancy motorcycles, at least in the old days when you purchase a bike with a certain level of components the whole bike was build with them (like in this case XC pro) also think of Klein prepackage components (oh I used to love opening does boxes and hand cut all the wrap components from the plastic)
However, it does present smart folk with the opportunity to do exactly what youre doing and if you play youre cards right and are lucky you can end up with what is effectively a free frame and some funds to help build it with.

I just don't want to end with the "short end of the stick" is not like I do this for business anyway, but yes it will be nice if I end up with a frame in the process..

Back