ibbz

Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Karma King
Dyna-Tech Fan
Feedback
View
Hi, I was looking at the 1997 Raleigh Special products Catalogue here;

Looking at this page of the brochure it says Frame options - Reynolds 853.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... sc&start=0

brsp0007.jpg

Has anyone ever seen this particular 853 hardtail from this era? (I'm not talking about the later RSP flame coloured RSP 450)

The BLUE frame one here (middle right);

brsp0002.jpg

If so, don't suppose you could link a picture of it perhaps? Or does anyone own one?

EG. Here's a built up Timet/Torus as in the Catalogue - with detailed options added;

brsp0006.jpg

I've seen one, I have even ridden it as it belongs to my daughters friend. I think I have posted some pictures before, but I'll dig a few out.

The example I have seen was custom made and has very race geometry with quite a long top tube. I have seen one on the bay, about six months ago, but as they only made around 35, they are pretty few and far between.

Bikemeister2000 is your man on anything RSP, as he worked for Raleigh.

These pictures were taken BEFORE I carried out a full service.

DSC_0233.jpg

DSC_0230.jpg

DSC_0225.jpg

NeilM":3n3jswbp said:
I've seen one, I have even ridden it as it belongs to my daughters friend. I think I have posted some pictures before, but I'll dig a few out.

The example I have seen was custom made and has very race geometry with quite a long top tube. I have seen one on the bay, about six months ago, but as they only made around 35, they are pretty few and far between.

Bikemeister2000 is your man on anything RSP, as he worked for Raleigh.

These pictures were taken BEFORE I carried out a full service.

DSC_0233.jpg

DSC_0230.jpg

DSC_0225.jpg

Mate, that is a stunning bike, thanks for posting and please post some more pictures if you can. And we wants it my preciousss...
I'd love to buy one, have been looking for months with no luck. The one you posted is the first one I've ever seen. Rare indeed!

Thanks again.

Ps bikemeister isn't great at replying to messages! ;)

ibbz":38ffqyng said:

Don't worry, he'll spot the title of the thread soon enough ;)

This bike is on permanent loan from the original owner, who has a cycle shop in Ethics (innit guv).

NeilM":20shm054 said:
ibbz":20shm054 said:

Don't worry, he'll spot the title of the thread soon enough ;)

This bike is on permanent loan from the original owner, who has a cycle shop in Ethics (innit guv).

:) I hope he does!

Permanent loan?
I could do with that!

Anyway look forward to more pics or pics from any other owners.

Rare as an ants testicles this frame. The one in the catalogue looks two tone blue

More I look at it, the more I want one - I can imagine how that blue frame gleams!

I wonder how it looks all cleaned up after service?

And anyone else with the same frame? or Pics?

Back