ibbz

Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Karma King
Dyna-Tech Fan
Feedback
View
Hi guys

Need some help - how’s Answer as a brand ? Does anyone have any experience with this particular Answer ATAC quill stem? From what period is it?
How does it compare to a syncros?
Thanks

Attachments

• 8C5FB8EC-A953-4E88-9C70-74F73DE1ECDA.jpeg
    8C5FB8EC-A953-4E88-9C70-74F73DE1ECDA.jpeg
    49.8 KB · Views: 190
These seem to be decent American made stems that hold bars equally well as Canadian made Syncros versions.
They featured on bikes from brands like Yeti.
I don't have the quill version, which I think stems ;) from the early 90s, but do run an ahead one that I like as much as a Cattlehead. Or even more, considering that Atacs don't require that silly slanted top cap ;).

How's that for an Answer :D?
Or maybe ask Retro Spud for his experience?

Double-E F":118495c7 said:
These seem to be decent American made stems that hold bars equally well as Canadian made Syncros versions.
I don't have the quill version, which I think stems ;) from the early 90s, but do run an ahead one that I like as much as a Cattlehead. Or even more, considering that Atacs don't require that silly slanted top cap ;).

Man that’s the answer I wanted!!! Thank you! I think I’m going to buy this!
Do they also do matching seat posts and bars? I’ve seen some answer Taperlite or some such but not sure if from same period

ibbz":3s503edl said:
Double-E F":3s503edl said:

Man that’s the answer I wanted!!! Thank you! I think I’m going to buy this!
Do they also do matching seat posts and bars?
Yes, Answer made Hyperlite and Taperlite bars, as well as Rocker seat posts.

Re:

California made in 6061 alloy.
You built a Yeti, you need an Answer. You built a Rocky Mountain, you choose Syncros...

In the very early 90ies, they were light for quill stem and very stiff. Taperlite or Hyperlite handlebar if you want to ride as Yeti riders or Herbold. For forks, as you want between Accu-Trax (with possibilty of a Pro Stop disc brake) or the Manitou 1
:D

Re: Re:

24pouces":4ep7m024 said:
California made in 6061 alloy.
You built a Yeti, you need an Answer. You built a Rocky Mountain, you choose Syncros...

In the very early 90ies, they were light for quill stem and very stiff. Taperlite or Hyperlite handlebar if you want to ride as Yeti riders or Herbold. For forks, as you want between Accu-Trax (with possibilty of a Pro Stop disc brake) or the Manitou 1
:D
Thanks for that - no Yeti for these though - will be a humble Raleigh
Thanks for the bar recommendations and info

Once you have gained your retro knowledge of the turn and early90's.
You'll not be asking this sort of question

Top end stems for top and bikes.
They make ControlTech (if you know them) look shoddy ;-)

Wouldn't mind it myself.
But you do need the converted correct Answer Hyperlite bars too
unfortunatly in silver and ahead they look like Kalloy stems.

hb1C2.jpg

and http://www.bikepro.com/products/stems/answer.html

it also has FTW design on it, that means something.

Back