Shimano Airlines why and how hell it can use 9 speed

aCeMadMod

Dirt Disciple
hi all , i never been happy with Shimano Airlines . in a few word it sucks, to speed of it useing , Air

when dose work very nice shifting but dose not last long , :( say you get 400 shifts they musting skomeing alot weed, good lucky get 75 at full power , and try to save air 150 to 200 ,

after 7 years own my first set, and break it, i my am god at pull this part and pull it back to how it was,, to get working so i know what it inside story now changeds

i got a 2 set i had not pull apart the rear mech part i want to let it stock, same thing has above Sucked shifting and very few shift ,

has i know all part were costom made from Shimano , and they burn all the old stock and part from i been told (

few years ago i pick up new seals, hopeing they get my first set working agian , i never pull the rear back in a work way, Dew to shity way they made it, i need to make costom brushing

and 2 set will need the same thing, before it dies, so i replace seals after market one, Holly ReTro Gods must love me, it work aigan, Better then before, :xmas-cool:

now How the hell i find a now rear cass , it's 7 speed, cass . i never to use a after market one now , it say max teeth 26 , too find out it bulll shit , wow it go up 32 teeth, )

to find out Dam it 9 speed spaceing, Wow this more Crazy only use 7 speed WHy ?

has i have 9 speed cass 11 to 32 on it i was able to shift the full 9 speed 2 times then it would only let me have 8 speed :facepalm: sill very helpful , i have a 28 teeth which i neeed very badly for my downhill bike to climd 7 km hills, :D

http://www.disraeligears.co.uk/Site/Shi ... 01%29.html

i like to know if any thing the same thing happpen to you, and plz tell your fixe's

All the best ReTro bikes :shock:

Attachments

• 006159119%2013_2-filtered.jpg
    006159119%2013_2-filtered.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 677
super easy fix...you buy an XT 9 speed shifter and rear mech and some cable housing...and whatever cassette you want. job done.

Airines isn't really a practical thing, it was only ever designed as an innovation to try something different, and really only applicable to people doing DH shuttles and with someone with a pump at the bottom to recharge it.

It sucks but it is cool. It last one down hill, that is the pourpose, not 3 hours of riding.

If it works fine and has no leaks, it is ok. Shimano have done it for a specific pourpose, not to ride as a normal system.

hi all i can say in ebike work very well make a frame to siut it my guess 1200 ez no airtank show neeeded

i made all the part this frame now to last one is Ti now new rolller dual bearings

i needed to buy mill make my part

yes don't get a laek and can use stock 9 cass from 7 speed

they move 12s inpipeline 15 speed from i what i know last from what i read

no sell yet thnak you

Back