Identifying fork internals

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I bought some fork spares recently, mostly as I saw some elastomers I could use on some early pace forks, but when the bits arrived, they were much better than I expected them to be (some actually new), and now I'm intrigued as to what forks the internals were intended for, as it would seem a shame to remove the elastomer bumpers off them if they could be of use to someone whole.

There are no distinguishing features to speak of, aside from on an air cap, it says MEKS. They seem to be air internals and I also seem to have included a variety if different diameter bushings and seals.

Here are a few pics, happy to take more if it helps me identify them. Apologies if these parts turn out to be newer than 1997, I've no clue at the moment so if it needs to be moved, feel free.

There are a few more bits, similar in design but longer, suggesting perhaps triple crown forks? The internals look extremely well made, even the outer air cap when undone reveals an inner annodised red one underneath.

Anyone have any clues?

There are also some carbon 'pro' fork guards as well, again looking to find out what they may be off, as they aren't any use to me, but may be good for someone if I can identify what they are.

Cheers all.

Attachments

• IMAG0006.jpg
    IMAG0006.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 675
  • IMAG0007.jpg
    IMAG0007.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 676
  • IMAG0010.jpg
    IMAG0010.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 676
  • IMAG0008.jpg
    IMAG0008.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 676
  • IMAG0009.jpg
    IMAG0009.jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 675
Thanks for the info, will look into that.

Hopefully someone can identify the internals as well. They are well made. The only info I can find on meks forks seems to relate to 20 inch carbon recumbent bike forks but these seem far to long for such a small sized fork.

Thanks you reminded me to start taking some pictures for a new build thread.

Meks changed their name to Saso I think, and they did/do make 26" suspension forks, as well as rigid carbon forks.

http://www.mekkem-parts.com/products/?n ... &lang_id=0

I recently bought a set for my RSP (build thread to be added soon!) and the seller had a second set with a shorter steerer which I also bought, figuring they'd be good for spares if they didn't get used for something else.

Saso-Meks+forks+%25281%2529.JPG

Saso-Meks+forks+%25282%2529.JPG

One set has a Meks branded air cap, whereas the others don't, so I assume they may be newer, but are very similar.

I hope that helps.

Thanks, you've nailed it as one set of the spares is exactly like the top cap and adjuster you've pictured. Do you know much about the forks in terms of quality as they look nice. Wondering whether the internals will fit other forks or not, or whether there is a demand for spares as allegedly the parts I have are nos. If anyone can make use if them as intended I'd part with them rather than pulling the eladtomers off for my pace forks.

kingoffootball":2axmboge said:
Thanks you reminded me to start taking some pictures for a new build thread.

Meks changed their name to Saso I think, and they did/do make 26" suspension forks, as well as rigid carbon forks.

http://www.mekkem-parts.com/products/?n ... &lang_id=0

I recently bought a set for my RSP (build thread to be added soon!) and the seller had a second set with a shorter steerer which I also bought, figuring they'd be good for spares if they didn't get used for something else.

Saso-Meks+forks+%25281%2529.JPG

Saso-Meks+forks+%25282%2529.JPG

One set has a Meks branded air cap, whereas the others don't, so I assume they may be newer, but are very similar.

I hope that helps.

Does the set on the left have a travel adjust knob or is it a coil spring preload
adjuster?

I don't really know anything about suspension forks, as I only have these two pairs and some Scapin-branded MXCDs.

I'll show them to Ben and let him judge the quality of them. I don't know whether it's a travel adjust knob or is it a coil spring preload
adjuster, being completely unversed in shocks.

I don't know what I'm doing with the right hand fork yet, so if I sell it the buyer might also want those spares.

Latest posts

Back