shifter pod mounts

v12jat

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I want to replace my dx sti brake levers with some chicken stix, but want to keep using the dx shifters! can you get an individual mount for shifter pods from anywhere, or am i gonna have to shell out for new shifters?! :?:

any advice advice appreciated!

You can certainly get mounts for M900 XTR pods, and the same generation XT. Grafton, precision billet and Magura all made offerings for the purpose.

The most common and versatile (and affordable) are the Magura items, they work with both XT & XTR units, where as I think the boutique stuff from the other manufacturers was XTR only (some one correct me if I am wrong).

The only thing I am not sure of is whether the pin layout on the DX shifters is compatible with the magura pod mounts. (if they are the same as XT or XTR then you should be OK.

Magura mounts, expect to pay £20-25 ish. .Grafton/PB expect upwards of £100-150 (or at least that is what they were when I was hunting a set)

I think dx will work with the magura ones, though not tried myself. If you wanted to try, I have a set I can sell you, if it doesn't work, I'd take them back off you, a kind of no win, no fee approach.

Another alternative is to buy some standard pods with the metal clamps I.e. stx and use these. I did this and they don't work with xtr m900 pods, unless you modify as the pins in the pod are different.

Not sure these are the mounts he is after, but depending on price I could be interested.

many thanks for the help chaps!

have decided to stick with the sti's for a bit then get some thumbies instead in the near future!

Happy new year! :cool: :cool:

are they these?

xt_sti_143.jpg

If so they will fit any adapter made for XT or XTR STI as pictured below

xtst-m0957c_219_general.jpg

for-sell-vintage-shimano-shifters-xtr-st-m900-first-generation.jpg

but, they will not fit these mounts without a wee bit of modification to the mount...

stx_rc_shifters_214.jpg

They are the dx versions of the first pic LGF!

Thanks for the offer GW, but will keep my current STi's then gonna swap for some xt thumbies! :D

legrandefromage":nmocbgq6 said:
...but, they will not fit these mounts without a wee bit of modification to the mount...

stx_rc_shifters_214.jpg

What's the modification required? I've got some junked shifters like these that I was going to throw out if v12jat is interested (free of charge). The mounts are still in good nick as far as I remember. Will keep you riding before getting hold of a nice set of thumbies.

My DX STIs were still going strong when I removed them to finally upgrade to 8 speed a couple of years back. Second most expensive upgrade I ever bought for my bike back then. After £600 for some Judy SLs in 1997. Weren't student loans brilliant?

Cheers, T..

Latest posts

Back