Zinniness ...... lets build the dream, Project Flowers

sinnerman":lhb8k01p said:
I think this is shaping up for BOTY material to be fair. Especially if you zipp tie mint to the handlebars, as seen bitd. Who wouldnt vote for a bit of Minty Sauce.... :cool:

I have been searching for a suitable one, may have to see if that sheep cloning place is still open...... maybe they can do it from a picture :idea:

Rod_Saetan":lhb8k01p said:
I might have some of these unused, bear with me a couple of days...

That would be really cool!!!

longun":lhb8k01p said:
Looks like this mint sauce one but in green

Thats the one I am thinking of Chris!!
Thank you

Re:

Gloves didnt last long eh :LOL:

Small update, mavic decals arrived, popped on the bottom bracket and fitted the XT cranks.

IMG-20210316-114631.jpg

IMG-20210316-114615.jpg

IMG-20210316-152416.jpg

I know it looks like a silly place for the mavic decals but they were fitted there :?

unnamed.jpg

Silly placement or not, these are the important details to get right when doing a replica build. Top work so far mate :)

Re:

Coming along nicely :cool:

I know you've gone for Tioga chainrings but to me the big ring doesn't seem to match the one fitted in the stream/puddle pic, where the cut outs seem wider. Any history around the Tioga choice?

raidan73":3o2eajuv said:
Silly placement or not, these are the important details to get right when doing a replica build. Top work so far mate :)

Agreed and its looking Fantastic.

based on the 91 images, didn't it have a cup and cone BB rather than the later UN jobbie...?

Re: Re:

Once A Hero":2dal8cjf said:

I know you've gone for Tioga chainrings but to me the big ring doesn't seem to match the one fitted in the stream/puddle pic, where the cut outs seem wider. Any history around the Tioga choice?

I can see what you mean, I have been searching for a while for the correct parts, the one I got was bought from a member here and to be fair I thought they would have all been the same, after looking on ebay I found a tioga ring with the same cut out ..... but at £40, seems steep, an affordable one will turn up soon I imagine.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/48T-Tioga-Vi ... Swurxf9wM1

sinnerman":2dal8cjf said:
raidan73":2dal8cjf said:

based on the 91 images, didn't it have a cup and cone BB rather than the later UN jobbie...?

It probably does, and I'm sure I have one .... somewhere, I do have plans to strip down the Dave Yates and go to a later XT M737 groupset so all being well the bottom bracket should transfer over from that, or I will find the other in a drawer somewhere :?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re: Re:

retrobikeguy":1evwo915 said:
Once A Hero":1evwo915 said:

I can see what you mean, I have been searching for a while for the correct parts, the one I got was bought from a member here and to be fair I thought they would have all been the same, after looking on ebay I found a tioga ring with the same cut out ..... but at £40, seems steep, an affordable one will turn up soon I imagine.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/48T-Tioga-Vi ... Swurxf9wM1

sinnerman":1evwo915 said:
raidan73":1evwo915 said:

It probably does, and I'm sure I have one .... somewhere, I do have plans to strip down the Dave Yates and go to a later XT M737 groupset so all being well the bottom bracket should transfer over from that, or I will find the other in a drawer somewhere :?

I always find the BB an issue to be fair, I never have the right length, and the UN bottom brackets are far easier to come by anyway. Im always mindful of older frames too, if the Threads have stretched, got sloppy, a UN72 always solves the problem without having to have the BB sleeved and then refinished.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Slow burn at the moment, busy times, put some 2k clear coat stuff over the flowers .... after photo, it seems to have gone ok

IMG-20210326-201139.jpg

Back