XTR M900 Headset 1 1/8

Matttymm

Gold Trader
Marin Fan
Feedback
View
Anyone out there got a XTR M900 headset.

Ideally NOS or excellent condition. Bike shop wrecked mine and now need a replacement.

1 1/8 inch please.

Thanks in advance.

Matt

Re:

They lost the lock washer and crushed one of the bearing cages inserting it upside down.

If anyone’s got spare bearings and a lock washer that would also be an ideal resolution

Re:

Looking at the schematic looks like 715 200 - to me, probably a regular chromed steel washer with the tab, or, should I say a regular tabbed washer would do the trick. If the original was Ti fair enough but a steel one would 'do'. As would (probably) any half-decent 1 1/8 caged set of bearings (3/16"x20).
https://si.shimano.com/pdfs/ev/EV-HP-M9 ... 2-1194.pdf
Buy the bits then bill your LBS...before never using them again!

Re:

Rod, you’re a super star mate. It’s moments like this that you’re so appreciative of this super site and forum

That site hasn’t come up on my google searches or at least I hadn’t seen it.

Ordered and on the way

Thank you so much !!

Re: Re:

TreaderSteve":39llxu12 said:
Looking at the schematic looks like 715 200 - to me, probably a regular chromed steel washer with the tab, or, should I say a regular tabbed washer would do the trick. If the original was Ti fair enough but a steel one would 'do'. As would (probably) any half-decent 1 1/8 caged set of bearings (3/16"x20).
https://si.shimano.com/pdfs/ev/EV-HP-M9 ... 2-1194.pdf
Buy the bits then bill your LBS...before never using them again!

Just quality stainless grade10 bearing (though just take them out the cage if damaged.)
And the lock washer is standard stuff.

Or buy new and sell me the damaged for next to nothing.

Re:

Thank you also TreaderSteve for your time and suggestion.

New one a a bill to the shop coming.

Thanks

Matt

Re:

If your crown race was NOS, don't take it off.
They oddly crack quite easily.
If it wasn't NOS, then do replace it for Rod's new one.

Re:

The headset was a NOS and it’s done about a mile as the headset wasn’t right.

I took it to another shop to get the issue diagnosed and the bearings all fell out when he undid it.

Thanks also for your help and advice. You guys are great.

Back