Wanted WTD: Rigid Fork Legs for Bonty Crown

rjsdavis

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hello to all

I'm on the hunt for a pair of 26" rigid fork legs for a Bonty Switchblade crown. Ideally, I'd like some Bonty legs to make them complete and original, but I realise that that's going to be as tricky to find as the Powerlites I've been after for five years or so.... but I'd consider anything that fits.

No suspension legs thanks. Rigid only.

Do you know what axle to crown length your looking for...I have some ‘mark 2’ legs , in a used but nice condition. Am the original owner. (purchased just the rigid legs from Pace after a few seasons later after getting RC35s in 1992) Used briefly in a recent build, during which fitted new top caps sourced from Pace)

£113 legs only ( no crown ) inc. U.K postage

link below to a image on flickr of the RC30 legs below...(also attatching the same image)

If of interest image happy to share some detailed images to fully document overall condition , and a-c dimensions etc.

Attachments

• B5F47EB0-55D9-4882-8728-DBEA675F63AE.jpeg
    B5F47EB0-55D9-4882-8728-DBEA675F63AE.jpeg
    636.4 KB · Views: 0
Do you know what axle to crown length your looking for...I have some ‘mark 2’ legs , in a used but nice condition. Am the original owner. (purchased just the rigid legs from Pace after a few seasons later after getting RC35s in 1992) Used briefly in a recent build, during which fitted new top caps sourced from Pace)

£113 legs only ( no crown ) inc. U.K postage

link below to a image on flickr of the RC30 legs below...(also attatching the same image)

If of interest image happy to share some detailed images to fully document overall condition , and a-c dimensions etc.

Hello Tangent

Thanks for the reply. To be honest, I've got no idea! I don't know if Pace legs will fit correctly and securely into a Bonty Switchblade crown?

Your welcome, @rjsdavis … I will do some further research, am not sure.
Am guessing the crown was the one for sale recently on ebay in Mr K‘s on going parts sale? ... was nearly tempted myself and am quite interested by the Rockshox + bonty crown now being advertised (although have very close samething already).

Was quite tempted myself , but was unsure if fitting RC30 legs would work...the only reference source I had available was this rigid fork test in MBUK (attached below) which mentions some tube dimensions.
At least there some nice images of the actual bonty forks.

If not visible send me a pm & can email a pdf of the scan... hope you find what your looking for.

Attachments

• 2021-03-30 12-21.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 8

Latest posts

Back