WTD: Early 90s steel frameset, 19/20", £80 max

alban

Old School Hero
Feedback
View
Seems I've developed a bit of a habit recently and am making up new reasons for new retro builds. Next up is something for my brother. Minty fresh, my original late 80s Raleigh retro build from c. 2007 which I donated to him has finally bitten the dust and he needs something fresh to keep him rolling. I have enough parts lying about to make it worthwhile but have been searching high and low for the right frameset for him. Figured a thread here would be a good place to start.

He's not fussy about bikes and doesn't want to spend a lot, so I'm thinking along the lines of a Specialized, Trek, Muddy Fox, Marin, Saracen etc. Run of the mill type frames from around '89 - '92 basically.

Must haves are: up to £80 max, steel, canti bosses, 19/20" size and ideally not a boring colour. I'm not all that bothered about the condition of the paint work or anything like that, just after something that has some decent life left in it. If it comes with forks, headset, BB, seatpost, stem, crankset then that's a bonus and I'll pay more.

Lost the login to my original account on here sadly, this new one doesn't allow PMs. Would be delighted to find the right thing via this forum, and will commit to doing a build thread so you can track the progress :cool:

Re:

1993 20" Kona Hahanna.£60 with stem, bars, wheels (Araya RM17),tyres,front mech,rear mech, shifters and bottom bracket.

No seat.

£60 and its yours.

Re:

That sounds pretty spot on. Realising after all that stuff about PMs I didn’t even put my email address. Albandotleiperatgmaildotcom for photos please pebble :)

I have a Raleigh Dynatech frameset (frame, fork, headset, bar and stem) available, in team colours. Not sure of the exact size but it’s definitely a large as it has the Dynacurve bent top tube. I can sort out some pics if interested.

Re:

I’ve got a blue Saracen TuffTrax frame, fork, and headset from around 1992 I would be happy to let go. I don’t send photos on here so will email if you’re interested.

Re:

Got a Reynolds 531 framed British Eagle Shadow frame and bits if you want? F+F £20 + post, a package with all the bits you want £40 + post. Let me know if you want pictures.

Latest posts

Back