Wookiee's 24" SE Racing Floval Flyer!

wookiee

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Over the summer my 4 year old finally got the hang of riding his bike unaided, and thats it he's off! Next thing we are at the local BMX track and he is riding the Junior track, then the full size! Then discovered that there was a BMX club there every Saturday morning so we signed up. He loves it and we have been every Saturday since. But I was looking longingly at the track...I used to ride BMX in the mid/late 80's but back then I was a teenager with far less height and bulk that I have now! So my mind drifted to looking for a larger wheeled BMX. I love Santa Cruz and came across a SE Racing Big ripper a 29" wheeled single speed BMX/Cruiser! That then got me thinking about SE Racing bikes and how I had longed for a PK Ripper BITD and started to look at their range.

That was when I came across the Floval...a retro look BMX with nice looptail frame detail, fluted seatpost, old skool pads, and a nice vintage colour scheme. I was sold and moments later the trigger was pulled on this beauty!

Attachments

• Floval Flyer.jpg
    Floval Flyer.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 1,532
Re:

...It arrived and I was pleased but I have always loved Skyway mags! So Santa was kind to me and I bagged a pair of black 24" Skyway Tuffs and some tan wall DMR Moto tyres and the look is complete! I have ridden it a few times down at the track and its a good laugh! Would be terrible over any major distance but its not about that is about getting out on the track with my son and a huge dose of nostalgia!

Happy days!

Doug

Attachments

• photo 3 (1).JPG
    photo 3 (1).JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 1,529
  • photo 1 (2).JPG
    photo 1 (2).JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 1,529
I like it, as it's what you want. But you'd never have mags on a track BMX ;) Mags were for street riding

I had custom race BMX frame in the 80s with race, and training wheels. I was 5 when I got it. Ran up and down the stairs for an hour a day(3 x 20 min sessions) in the winter for training.

Attachments

• p1080922.jpg
    p1080922.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 961
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back