Wookiee's 2013 Santa Cruz Tallboy C

wookiee

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
After a bit of bother over the last year with my ankles and having and itch to try a 29er full suss I got the Santa Cruz Tallboy frame and set about building up another bike! I have 2 29ers and one is for winter use and the other for Sunday best! I sold the winter use frame so put all the bits from that on the Tallboy...after a few rides I was sold! Its a beautiful ride! So I ended up putting all the Sunday best parts onto the frame and I love it! So much so that I might be getting ride of the the hard tail Ti 29er frame for something else for the winter. Full suss has come a long way since the 1997 Marin Mount Vision that was my first experience of it and its like going from rim to disc brakes! Really nice feel to the ride and I am quicker on it! And it weighs about 2 lbs heavier than the Ti hardtail at about 26.5lbs...it does live up to the hype, a great frame. 26.5lbs for a full suss 29er with disc brakes...perfect!

...the first pic is of how it looks now, the last was the first trial build.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 832
  • IMG_0592.JPG
    IMG_0592.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 832
  • IMG_0596.JPG
    IMG_0596.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 832
  • IMG_0629.JPG
    IMG_0629.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 832
  • IMG_0630.JPG
    IMG_0630.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 832
Re:

Lovely rig, my 97 heckler is still going strong so should serve you well. The tall boy is on my short list for when I upgrade.

Re: Re:

Timoth27":20ga9c19 said:
Lovely rig, my 97 heckler is still going strong so should serve you well. The tall boy is on my short list for when I upgrade.

Thanks mate...had a Highball in the past and have had an itch for a full suss 29er. Santa Cruz are one of my favourite brands and make great bikes, and boards! ;)

Back