Why you should be able to shot 1 person a year.

montair

Retro Guru
Sorry for the criptic title and negative first post in this side of the forum. But come on this took effort, as it has been taped quite well. Still deserved to be shot thou or maybe just flogged for a while. 20210620_170856.jpg 20210620_170719.jpg 20210620_170710.jpg

Two holes in each of an aluminium stem and bars is not what I'd call safe. Especially in steering components that carry quite a bit of the riders weight.
There's being careful with the pennies and then theres the example we see

I'd say 8/10 for using a torx head for ease of getting it nice and tight, and 1/10 for it not being long enough to get a nut on the back.

Highly dangerous & not worth the risk of regular rides or sprinting out of the saddle or up hills.....enjoy your visit to hospital if you insist on using it on public roads.......

In the early days of getting 'Aero' we would drill our bars and fed the brake cables through... scary thinking about it now..😲

1613207856117-1.jpeg

Too right - we used to see cracked/broken bars at least once a month during that time. We built an aero time trial bike for a static exhibition in the early days of the fad but rather than drill the bars I routed the brake cables out of the top corners of the lever bodies and round the back of the bars in similar style to a more modern ergo type setup - the effectiveness of the levers was so dire that despite a number of offers to buy the bike we stripped it after the show. The levers (Campag Gran Sport) ended up on my boss's winter training bike with the cables running in the way they were designed to.

And I'd like it to be 6 a day, not 1 a year.

Back