What's In The Box? (Brad Pitt Voice) An Early Bontrager OR! **Finished Photos Page 11**

slackboy

Bontrager Fan
Feedback
View
Lovely. Looks honest, like it was parked up in garage in '94 and just rolled out again yesterday.

Is this your fastest build?

I wish you'd stop showing humptulips - you are going to hurt my credit card

pw_pw_la

Senior Retro Guru
Lovely. Looks honest, like it was parked up in garage in '94 and just rolled out again yesterday.

Is this your fastest build?

I wish you'd stop showing humptulips - you are going to hurt my credit card

Honest. I like that! And parked in a garage and recovered today is pretty much exactly what I was going for with the bike.

So thanks for making my day!

As for fastest build... I mean, from scratch? Maybe?

First post was back in November of last year, so it's definitely still taken awhile to source everything.

In terms of getting it riding once I began: definitely!

The last two bikes (Phoenix and Brodie) came somewhere between 75% and 85% good to go. So it was really, really rewarding getting to build up another bike from just the bare frame.

The Brodie is getting a pretty significant overhaul next, mind you. So looking forward to that.

As for the Humps: get 'em! I love them and the more people that splash out themselves the less guilty I'll feel about this new addiction.

Elfman

Bontrager Fan
Very nice, Phil! I should have provided more thumbs up and positive reactions along the way, cuz I've been following this build since the get go...

About those tires...can't say I like the look, but I know you and others like them a lot. With biking products, lust for a look often follows from fantastic function...do they ride really well?

Again, awesome build, well done!

Mickeyspinn

rBotM Winner
I have serious peddle envy...
$20......🙄 Wanna make $10 profit?
Those tyres....my brain reads phonetically......hump two lips...🤣
Looks a great build ✌️ a proper thrasher ..enjoy it!

pw_pw_la

Senior Retro Guru
Very nice, Phil! I should have provided more thumbs up and positive reactions along the way, cuz I've been following this build since the get go...

About those tires...can't say I like the look, but I know you and others like them a lot. With biking products, lust for a look often follows from fantastic function...do they ride really well?

Again, awesome build, well done!

Ha, you know it took me a minute to come around to them, but now I love both the look and the ride. At 2.3 I’ve found they fit all my frames and forks comfortably but they provide a really responsive, cushioned ride. They’re not the most aggressive, and certainly not the most durable, but they do ride really, really well for they types of riding I imagine most of us are doing on 30-year-old bikes. Which is not to say I take it easy on them! I only ride 30-year-old bikes, so they go where I go!

There’s really not a ton of modern stuff in 26” that I like the look of. Other than repro Smoke and Darts, it’s pretty much these and Terra Ones. And I prefer these. TO’s are great though. A little more rugged and a lot more affordable. Then again, the Humptulip’s are still cheaper than Ultradynamico’s. I had never looked at them before and fancied the red ones for the wife’s ride. $85 a tire! I passed.

Anyway, really appreciate the kind words about the bike. Glad you followed along, and can’t wait for more updates on yours.