What size bolt is this? As used by x-lite Brake bolts

midibiker

Klein Fan
Hi,

I am looking to replace the brake bolts that are use on my bike and I would like to know what bolts might work as replacements.

The bolts in use are X-lite Brake bolts and I would like to replace them with some ones that match the silver cantilever brakes.

I think that they might be M6 x 20 but I am note sure.

I also want them to fit flush like in the second picture too without the need of a cap.

Here is a picture of the bolt and cover.

And this is what I want to get to.

Attachments

• xb1.jpg
    xb1.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 627
  • xb.jpg
    xb.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 627
Re:

Measure them

M Number is the diameter of the threaded but.
Length is the length off the shaft under the head.

I think that x-lite was in Titanium

But just look them up and find the head style you want. You can get different length 14, 15, 20mm etc.
14mm is usually a nice length. (M6 is canti/vbrake size as you guessed)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re: Re:

FluffyChicken":2n9ai8h2 said:
Measure them

M Number is the diameter of the threaded but.
Length is the length off the shaft under the head.

I think that x-lite was in Titanium

But just look them up and find the head style you want. You can get different length 14, 15, 20mm etc.
14mm is usually a nice length. (M6 is canti/vbrake size as you guessed)

Hi, yes I will measure them tomorrow and try and get some ordered.

I was looking at these. https://www.uberbikecomponents.com/view ... de-Kit-Raw But I might have to cut a bit off the thread to get an exact fit.

Re:

You should be fine without cutting them. Brake bosses tend to be quite long once you factor in the brake too.

Re:

Some of mine will not fit 25mm in, main trouble will be fork bosses.

Shimano use 13.6/14mm for canti levers and for vbrake about 15mm (they hang over the end of the boss a bit more)

Do Not Cut Them
Been there, done that with Ti bolts and it is not worth the effort. Just get the proper length to start with.

Re: Re:

FluffyChicken":33ltdcra said:
Some of mine will not fit 25mm in, main trouble will be fork bosses.

Shimano use 13.6/14mm for canti levers and for vbrake about 15mm (they hang over the end of the boss a bit more)

Do Not Cut Them
Been there, done that with Ti bolts and it is not worth the effort. Just get the proper length to start with.

Hi, yes I am trying to avoid cutting them but I ran into problems when I tried putting the bolt from the orange forks into the fork boss in this picture.

You can see the overhang that I want to avoid. I want the bolt to fit flush to the brakes.

Thanks

Attachments

• bbi.jpg
    bbi.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 562

Latest posts

Back