Weird ebay

Spanky22b

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Just thought i'd let people know, could be innocent but i'm staying safe and guessing there dodgy.
I've currently got my Cannondale for sale on ebay, collection only and got a message from someone called tamworth_12 who's been a member on ebay since 2012 and has zero feedback, never sold anything never bought anything.
They made an offer first thing this morning which i declined then sent a counter offer which i never heard anything from. Just now i got a message off them again asking have i received there emails :? I've never had someone ask that one before.
I told them no and they replied back saying they'd been emailing because they need my address :shock: alarm bells starting to ring now. So i replied back saying why do you need my address you haven't even bought the bike.
As of writing after sending that last reply i've had no reply back off them, bearing in mind there last message they replied in seconds.
Anyone else had any messages off them or like that before.

Re:

You were polite... keep everything through the eBay communication channel, you’re paying to sell it on eBay... eBay theoretically gives you safeguards for that fee.

Re:

Maybe they had sent you a message saying that they will buy it for “X “ amount without ebay fees. eBay would filter this email. And then they ask for address to collect it seems wierd as you’ve not seen the previous email.

I’m always buying on eBay and had it happen quite a bit. Messages get filtered.

:LOL: you didnt think to ask them how they got your email address? just for the fun mind you, otherwise just report, block and forget :)

mk one":1x7zef7n said:
:LOL: you didnt think to ask them how they got your email address? just for the fun mind you, otherwise just report, block and forget :)

:D my personal email is different to the one on eBay, they must have been emailing to that one, not sure why they didn't just send a message :)

Re:

Had a reply off them they do live local and they say they don't use PayPal and only like to pay cash.
I prefer the PayPal way at least you know they will turn up if they've paid, cash on collection can be a pain in the arse especially if you've ended the listing.

^^^ exactly this ^^^

you are not eligible for cover from either ebay or paypal for collected items, oldest scam in the book, pay by paypal, collect item, say they didnt collect, they get their money back and you loose it all!

mk one":30isxza7 said:
^^^ exactly this ^^^

you are not eligible for cover from either ebay or paypal for collected items, oldest scam in the book, pay by paypal, collect item, say they didnt collect, they get their money back and you loose it all!

I worded it wrong :LOL: what i meant was they just buy it normally through ebay ie they click buy it now for the price or i accept there offer etc, they pay the money when ebay says pay now i get me money, i then arrange with them to collect. Everyone's happy :LOL:

Latest posts

Back