Wanted small frame 14inch ideally early 1990s steel - SORTED

daugs

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
My Mrs is going back to work, after the lockdown, her job is the #1 most risky re covid per the BBC list (as part of her job is dental nursing on major work - think lots spray out of patients' mouths) but actually she is more worried about the buses and that the powers that be are delusional that proper measures can be put in place and still have a functional bus service. The only place to lock up a bike safely means she has to carry it down (and up at the end of the day) a flight of stairs and her current bike with suspension etc is just too heavy and she just about manages 5ft tall (on a good day on tippy toes), so small bike vital

I have all the bits inc 26" wheels to build a bike on others but need a frame and forks. So looking for

Small frame and rigid forks, absolutely no bigger than 14inch from centre bb to top of down tube, so the smallest size that Kona et al used to do. At this point it needs to be functional so not amazing condition, but preferably no dings, with a headset although I have some bb so less vital.

This seems to be one of the most common wanted items, or at least was previously so anything considered, but sensibly priced, looking for a workhorse, not a collectable.

Re:

Hi

You have caught me at a good time as I am in clearing mood, was going to keep ths and respray it in Kawasaki green and cover it in Turquoise parts :facepalm: But I suspect it may be too small for me,not the prettiest or the lightest but definately a workhorse. BB is in firmly I suspect it would come out with a little persuasion but is good and smooth, headset will need regreasing, 28.6 seat tube and I think a 29.6 seatpost or shim required. I do have a front mech available too if needed. Paint is rough with a 'bit' of rust showing through but a sand and so wax would keep it honest.

16" C-T 14" C-C

Postage is going to be about £15 so £40 posted

Cheers

Mark :facepalm:

Attachments

• Seeker 2.jpg
    Seeker 2.jpg
    282.2 KB · Views: 430
  • Seeker 1.jpg
    Seeker 1.jpg
    304.4 KB · Views: 430
Re: Wanted small frame 14inch ideally early 1990s steel

14" Kona is 14" C-T and 12" C-C

I have two of them; the explosif is in use as my son's bike but my daughters old Hahanna is hung up in the garage. I was going to put it up for sale but then the virus hit and we've stayed in for the past few months. Happy to part with it however, I'm WFH at the moment and for various reasons we're not out and about so I can't post... yet. Might be able to in a few weeks unless you can get to Kenilworth, Warwickshire.

Some pics in here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=353970

Re:

thanks guys,

Mark, muddy fox will be too big, really needs to be 14" c-t, that's her current, and can't get any bigger, otherwise that would be ok

Re Orange Prestige, I don't know Orange that well but I seem to recall from a previous unsuccessful search that their smallest size was a 15" which will be too big. But am looking at anything the right size, Prestige maybe a bit too quality ?

Kev, the hahanna is the ideal size but looking at pics its got suspension forks, and was looking for rigid to keep weight down, (and single speed so no gears etc again to keep weight down), am guessing you'd be selling whole bike or would you intend splitting ? please let me know. I'd come and collect right bike within reason.

Hi David,

it's literally a bare frame now. I have all the other bits still I think but most are destined for other bikes.
Was going to sell the frame on it's own.

Re:

Kev thanks, sent you a pm so everyonelse does not need to wade through this but ideally was not looking to have to find forks separately

I’ve got some rigid forks complete with a nice quality threaded headset plus a nice short stem that I won’t want much for. Came off a 14” Giant I stripped down today to put sus forks with an aheadset system for a work colleague. PM me if you’d like pics etc.

Forks are blue so would look good on Kev’s red Kona frame with blue decals :D

If Kev can measure his headtube I can check they’ll fit nicely.

Headtube is 1" 1/8th and approx. 91mm

Back