Wanted Campag 1st gen syncro levers or parts

Sir Walter

Raleigh Fan
Good evening,

I am looking for any 1st generation campagnolo 6sp/ 7 sp syncro levers complete or spare parts as I have an incomplete set with some vital components missing. The left side is pretty generic and easy to remedy but the right hand lever has many component parts. Pretty sure Syncro 2 8 speed levers are very different other than the coloured insert nothing else will interchange. Happy to pay for the right parts.

Cheers

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

I've got a bag of bits for these, so let me know what you need and I might be able to help. Will be able to dig them out tomorrow. I've attached an old picture from a previous round; can't be sure I've got all of those any more, but probably most at least.
Nick

Attachments

• syncro-parts.jpg
    syncro-parts.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 535
Re:

Hi there, I am also looking for a part for my Syncro levers. I think its the black plastic notched outer with the bolt. Is this for sale?

Stephen

Hi Stephen,
If you mean this bit, I still have it and am happy to part with it. It is the outermost part of a Syncro 2 RH lever. Maybe from a lower-end groupset, as all the others are metal (silver or black). As far as I can tell, they are all interchangeable. There is some cracking, but I think it is more cosmetic than structural. The backside looks awful in the picture, but it is just old grease.

Anyone else: I think I still have everything in the previous picture. These are all spares: I have complete Syncro 1, Syncro 2 7 speed, and the 3rd gen. 8 speed, but not (yet) parting with those.

All the best,
Nick

Attachments

• 20200612_215545.jpeg
    20200612_215545.jpeg
    30.4 KB · Views: 465
  • 20200612_215618.jpeg
    20200612_215618.jpeg
    33 KB · Views: 465
Re: synchro 1

Hi Nick, The specific parts I need are the spindle shaft and d ring with the little spring that holds the lever on to the frame as well as the washer with the two pronged spring. There is also two different washers one bevelled and the other moon shaped in profile. I have since found out there are two versions of the synchro 1 levers the difference being one is held on with the d ring bolt and the other uses a d ring nut with a small grub screw. I think they interchange as so long as you have all of the companion parts. It’s difficult to see which type you have from the photo that’s why I am trying to gather as many of these parts as possible to try and complete my levers. Best Regards Barry

Re:

Hi Barry,
Here are exploded views of both versions of Syncro 1. I have both. Are we talking about parts 8, 7, 3 and 2 (and grub 16)? In which case I have them for both types. Or I have complete RH Syncro 1 levers.
Nick

Attachments

• Syncro 1 exploded.jpeg
    Syncro 1 exploded.jpeg
    35.6 KB · Views: 439
  • syncro1.jpg
    syncro1.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 439
nammonk":23aoaz8a said:
Hi Stephen,
If you mean this bit, I still have it and am happy to part with it. It is the outermost part of a Syncro 2 RH lever. Maybe from a lower-end groupset, as all the others are metal (silver or black). As far as I can tell, they are all interchangeable. There is some cracking, but I think it is more cosmetic than structural. The backside looks awful in the picture, but it is just old grease.

Anyone else: I think I still have everything in the previous picture. These are all spares: I have complete Syncro 1, Syncro 2 7 speed, and the 3rd gen. 8 speed, but not (yet) parting with those.

All the best,
Nick

Hi Nick, sorry for the late reply. I was searching around for the lever but it turns out mine are different. I spent a couple of hours looking to identify them. They seem to be Syncro 2. They are very like the record syncro 2 levers except they don't have the little built in adjuster. They also look exactly like the Veloce 8 speed levers but they are definitely not those either. When I bought these Veloce didn't exist, also the veloce levers don't appear to have the engraved campag logo. I am sure I would have bought them as Athena Syncro to match my groupset. With all that said, I need the outer washer which looks exactly like the one on the friction side, in the larger sized diameter. I don't suppose you have anything like that?

I have attached a picture I found on the net to show this part.....My levers look exactly like these Veloce levers but mine are engraved and only have 2 springs. These levers have 3

Thanks for any help

Stephen

Attachments

• Lever.png
    Lever.png
    329.4 KB · Views: 411
  • Veloce Levers.png
    Veloce Levers.png
    141.3 KB · Views: 406
Hi Nick. I need 7 8 9 and 2 3 4 5 from the first diagram, I have now realised that not only are there parts missing but some of the parts I have are completely wrong and from a different shifter.
I would like to buy the parts from you if possible. Also if you have a complete RH shifter you want to sell let me know. PM me a price, thanks again for your time and patience !
Best regards Barry

Re:

Hi Stephen,
Sounds like you have the final version of the Syncro 2 shifters, designed for 8 speed. I also have a pair without the adjuster but engraved. However, I'm afraid I don't have any spares for them. However, the washer isn't doing anything special, just spacing things out. So any old washer would make them functional at least.
Nick

Back