Wanted: 58-62cm Steel Frameset, London (or delivery)

skoze

Dirt Disciple
Hey all!

Not been on here for a while. Looking for a 58-60cm Frameset, ideally 80s/90s to replace my '83 Raleigh Competition. Love it, but after 3 years I'm ready to admit the 54cm frame is too small for 6'2" of me.

Ideally I've got £200 to spend, but I can be flexible for something tasty and I'm open to full builds up to around £400.

Based in North London, can meet anywhere in London or would need delivery - life without cars or trains is a logistical nightmare!

Cheers all,
Matt

Re: Wanted: 58-60cm Steel Frameset, London (or delivery)

I can't believe I'm typing this because I'm fairly sure I don't want to sell it. But I haven't used it in years, it has just been hanging in the garage half dismantled.

It's a 59-c-t Ron Cooper frame, I don't know the exact age but I'm guessing 80's

I'm based near Southend

oaklec":ddg6ab2p said:
I can't believe I'm typing this because I'm fairly sure I don't want to sell it. But I haven't used it in years, it has just been hanging in the garage half dismantled.

It's a 59-c-t Ron Cooper frame, I don't know the exact age but I'm guessing 80's

I'm based near Southend

I know that feeling all too well! You do, however, have a PM..

How about a very nice Peugeot 653 Athena frame?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114228208490

Not cosmetically perfect but it is pretty damn good and 653 rides beautifully. (My fav tubeset without a doubt!)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tel":20lr01i6 said:

Not cosmetically perfect but it is pretty damn good and 653 rides beautifully. (My fav tubeset without a doubt!)

So nice it's sold! That would've been mint, thanks for sharing it - that'll make a sweet build.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

skoze":l7xxcsjy said:
Tel":l7xxcsjy said:

So nice it's sold! That would've been mint, thanks for sharing it - that'll make a sweet build.

Have DM'ed you about another Peugeot 653.

All the best

Andy

Re:

Hi, I've got a 1985 61cm (ctc) Raleigh Competition with mostly original spec. I rode it for a couple of years but a few longer rides confirmed that at 6'6" I'm too big for it. I'd be willing to let it go for a bit less than £200

It's currently resting under a blanket in the (dry!) Cellar. I can give it at once over and give you a clearer price (and take fresh pictures) if you're interested.

Pick up would be from London, E5 (Hackney).

Attachments

• 20160209_101639_resized_1.jpg
    20160209_101639_resized_1.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 551
Re: Re:

nonowt":2j673xrd said:
Hi, I've got a 1985 61cm (ctc) Raleigh Competition with mostly original spec. I rode it for a couple of years but a few longer rides confirmed that at 6'6" I'm too big for it. I'd be willing to let it go for a bit less than £200

It's currently resting under a blanket in the (dry!) Cellar. I can give it at once over and give you a clearer price (and take fresh pictures) if you're interested.

Pick up would be from London, E5 (Hackney).

That really is lovely - looks like it's in great nick as well. I love those frames and I'll be quite sad not to be riding my one anymore.

I have, however, found what I didn't know I was looking for - picked up a Basso Scout on Monday for a bit of a do-everything build, may look at something faster again in future but I think this'll check a load of boxes for now. Never saw the appeal of tourers, but similarly to you a couple of long rides made me realise what I actually needed! Looking forward to building something to eat up the miles and carry a bunch of stuff.

Thanks so much to everyone who put frames forward, I really appreciate it. Also seems I can't reply to PMs anymore - to anyone I've not replied to it's not for want of trying. Apologies!

Back