VTT français? French MTBs / Components / Info / Pics etc.

How about some more French suspension forks...🤔

I have several different versions of the Fournales Shark and Cobra
Excellent, lightweight and suitably freaky and overly complicated :)

P8191135_zpsc74d5ebd.jpg

201509041753214362723_zps9bbt1vxc.jpg

All the best,

Woah! those sharks are lovely.
Here’s a recent pickup. Sorry for the dark grainy photos, it is pssing down here. A 1985 MBK Ranger. I started removing the unwanted commuter parts to reveal it’s true form. I’m just gonna have some fun cleaning it up and changing cables to give it a test drive as I’ve wanted to try these older models for a while (this one is older than me). I love those ridiculous decals they were putting on these bikes back then. Would have preferred the version with the mountains. Can’t be too picky though as they dont show up often. This one has the option of 3 different bottle cage fixtures, to facilitate the biker on his long distance travels across the desert.

Attachments

• DE316607-C710-4506-80B2-BD70D5EC942F.jpeg
    DE316607-C710-4506-80B2-BD70D5EC942F.jpeg
    802.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 2E192FA0-CDD9-4868-834A-1E61BC1A2E1A.jpeg
    2E192FA0-CDD9-4868-834A-1E61BC1A2E1A.jpeg
    566.7 KB · Views: 20
  • AFF30B31-C747-4E89-BC47-D16F41793D9B.jpeg
    AFF30B31-C747-4E89-BC47-D16F41793D9B.jpeg
    683.1 KB · Views: 20
@Jérôme.b Any movement on those starway magz? Bought a X-200 cheap for test ride last week. Rides just like a Trek temper style. Would like to see how these were presented....

Also picked up a Look Mi 80, Sunn Xcircuit and MBK all in a matter of weeks so 4 bikes = 200e. I must say I really like the feel of the look

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    802 KB · Views: 14
@Jérôme.b Any movement on those starway magz? Bought a X-200 cheap for test ride last week. Rides just like a Trek temper style. Would like to see how these were presented....

Also picked up a Look Mi 80, Sunn Xcircuit and MBK all in a matter of weeks so 4 bikes = 200e. I must say I really like the feel of the look
Hi,

In France, we were just allowed to travel between region during the day but still have a lock down at 7pm. I will try to see my friend who have them soon. I will keep you posted.
Once I have it, where should I put the scans? I suppose that a PDF will be too big right? I will have to upload them one sheet at a time.

Best!

Hi,

In France, we were just allowed to travel between region during the day but still have a lock down at 7pm. I will try to see my friend who have them soon. I will keep you posted.
Once I have it, where should I put the scans? I suppose that a PDF will be too big right? I will have to upload them one sheet at a time.

Best!
I’m in france too. I Forgot that you said a friend had them and not you. Would be very kl to have them in the archives. There’s a locked thread on here too where you can post. Probably load them up on an external site and provide link. As for scanning, unless you have access to a professional graded one, the slower method 1 by 1 on your scanner:printer unfortunately. Could potentially find a dedicated site that could keep it for a long time for others to enjoy.

Nice to see the Berthoud and Look on BoTm - be sure to Vive La France on the votes

Yeah. Vive La France indeed, for years I've lusted over a Look.

I'm less than a 2hr drive from the HQ in Nevers, always admiration for them, and "oh la la" what a story of titans like
Hinault, Lemond and Tapie in the mid-80s to transform a failing ski company. The cycling world is indebted to them.

A good read: https://www.thespoken.cc/look-la-vie-claire

Last edited:
Yeah. Vive La France indeed, for years I've lusted over a Look.

I'm less than a 2hr drive from the HQ in Nevers, always admiration for them, and "oh la la" what a story of titans like
Hinault, Lemond and Tapie in the mid-80s to transform a failing ski company. The cycling world is indebted to them.

A good read: https://www.thespoken.cc/look-la-vie-claire
Indeed - a lot of history

Latest posts

Back