VTT français? French MTBs / Components / Info / Pics etc.

Re:

Some spec of the Manufrance Mézenc :
- Sachs New Success groupo (hubs, derailleurs, brakes, shifter, cassette, chain),
- Transfil cable and housing,
- Stronglight bottom bracket and crankset,
- Mach1 spokes, Rigida Turbo 900 rim,Wolber tire and inner tube,
- Mavic seatpost and headset,
- Reydel saddle,
- french fillet brazed stem,
- StarBar handlebar
- looking for Look cleapless pedal !

Loving the thread, and noticed you built with Rigida Turbo 900 rims. I'm in the process of updating a Sunn Cross and
wondering if the Rigida Turbo 900 rims would be more suitable compared to Rigida Laser 40.

Would be great if you could tell me the width, brake track depth and rim depth. It's difficult to find the specifications and
find good pictures of the rim profile.

Loving the thread, and noticed you built with Rigida Turbo 900 rims. I'm in the process of updating a Sunn Cross and
wondering if the Rigida Turbo 900 rims would be more suitable compared to Rigida Laser 40.

Would be great if you could tell me the width, brake track depth and rim depth. It's difficult to find the specifications and
Hi,

I had those a long time ago, the only thing I remember is that these are ceramic rims

Sorry not to have more

Jérôme

I got it, the Turbo 900 are 559x17 in 26"

I found a photography of my MBK Stone Cruiser Sport AL, aluminium frame and Acera groupset (not the full group)
Heavy elastomer fork but global look was nice

Attachments

• IMG_20210330_221223.jpg
    IMG_20210330_221223.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
For the brakes I was using Deore LX BR- M565 (shoes + insert) and it was great. I don't know if the braking surface is standard, I am not even aware if there is a standard for that.

Thanks for more input. Well, brake track width and surfaces are a bit all over the place - no standard.

Early lightweight rims more-often-than-not seem to have a very narrow brake track. Some Wolber rims comes to mind. Later Mavics are
considerably wider along with the stronger Rigida rims like Laser 40, Laser 400. In fact, the profile of the old Laser 40 dimensionaly is almost the
same as the early 2004s Crossmax. Same on the road bike side of things too. Perhaps it's a matter of taste, but I prefer a stronger rim
with a deeper profile.

Thanks for more input. Well, brake track width and surfaces are a bit all over the place - no standard.

Early lightweight rims more-often-than-not seem to have a very narrow brake track. Some Wolber rims comes to mind. Later Mavics are
considerably wider along with the stronger Rigida rims like Laser 40, Laser 400. In fact, the profile of the old Laser 40 dimensionaly is almost the
same as the early 2004s Crossmax. Same on the road bike side of things too. Perhaps it's a matter of taste, but I prefer a stronger rim
with a deeper profile.
Hi,

That's great and detailed info, I am usually using Mavic rims with UB Control, currently I have Mavic 221 on my two preferred bike.

Good day!

Back