Venturi Columbus Genius Italian 🇮🇹 Fillet Brazed unique race MTB

I’d say the main reason for my obsession is because of my intention to enter this and try and challenge the usual crop of American (and the odd British) bikes for BoTM. I was going to build this up with XT and such workhorse parts and a fillet brazed stem I bought - but someone mentioned the race lineage and the ITM Ti stem etc giving it that premium race bred appeal (not in so many words) so I thought I’d kit this out in the best way I can with the choicest parts to suit. A bottomless money pit - hence I think I’ll be selling this on after wards - so @pw_pw_la you can dub the saddle if I ever split! I’ll also need the funds for my Bianchi Nth build

Some updates
I changed the Ritchey Prolite WCS bar to the 3TTT Pro Light - which is lighter in weight and more importantly lighter in colour - it made the difference I wanted! Much much better cockpit!
I then tried two different grips
ODI Assault Clear and ESI Chunky in white

Both look good! The 3TTT bar really shines and has really brought this to another level

I think I’m going to stick with the Clear ODI’s. And I’ll be needing some silver metal bar end plugs or white ones!

The brake levers I think I’ll be changing for something silver clamp rather than black.

Likewise the cantilevers will be changed - likely XC Pro, Campagnolo Record OR or M900.

Attachments

• 3DBDFEB1-5CB1-42D9-94DB-D0F322C4636D.jpeg
    3DBDFEB1-5CB1-42D9-94DB-D0F322C4636D.jpeg
    718 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
I really hate to say this but I really am not a fan of that stem, too long and too low, I think the one you originally wanted to fit sprayed white would look better...

I really hate to say this but I really am not a fan of that stem, too long and too low, I think the one you originally wanted to fit sprayed white would look better...
I would’ve preferred a shorter one. I will have a go with the other too to see how it looks once I’ve had it sprayed

Well some updates
The cantis came from Singapore - and wow - what a difference - zillion times better than those crap Ritchey Logic ones
Levers here as well - both NOS.
And they are so easy to install and set up - beautiful too

And the Ritchey WCS tyres - weight been cut now to under 20 lb!
Need to decide what the grips should be - whether clear, white or black. And some bar end plugs in white (if white or clear)

Set the brakes up and take her for a spin!!

F32A9C6E-C478-49CF-A7E1-1FB64D1E8BC1.jpeg B4E0CA88-98DD-4CBD-B659-248FE06C0153.jpeg CAC861B1-311F-4ACE-96B5-83F61DBC9F11.jpeg B046BBC5-C4FC-4EFF-8FB0-8B1AF9E84894.jpeg

Under 20lbs wow! I wouldn't have thought it possible

Under 20lbs wow! I wouldn't have thought it possible
I’ll have to weigh her - but judging by how she feels, lighter than my Bianchi Ti ! I’m sure with lighter components this would be a bantamweight

Looks great Ibbz!

So jealous you splashed the cash on the XCPro levers! They look perfect and I’m still hunting for mine.

The tires looks spot on too. My set from the same seller also arrived and I’m eager to fit them!

Good work all around on this one!

(Black grips tho! ;) But you already know where I stand on this! They’ll look even better against the black hits on those levers. I mean all that Ritchey gear… seems crazy not to sling those foams back on!)

Looks great Ibbz!

So jealous you splashed the cash on the XCPro levers! They look perfect and I’m still hunting for mine.

The tires looks spot on too. My set from the same seller also arrived and I’m eager to fit them!

Good work all around on this one!

(Black grips tho! ;) But you already know where I stand on this! They’ll look even better against the black hits on those levers. I mean all that Ritchey gear… seems crazy not to sling those foams back on!)
Thanks man!
I set the brakes up and took her for a brief spin
She’s damn quick and so smooth! Such a sorted ride!
Need some adjustments and some bar ends then a proper ride
I’m going to take some snaps with the black WCS grips and with white grips - as a nod to both of your guys who’ve been helping me along here - then enter into BoTm for a laugh

7700716E-74DD-4170-BFB7-835180C9E00A.jpeg B7DEC675-1025-4F6B-8A36-91F87250F1F7.jpeg C8BED34E-26D1-4516-BA5D-BF7F1CF80AE7.jpeg 5B94661B-17C3-43AC-AC4A-5A9D8764FB6D.jpeg 17E129BB-96C9-4CFA-A232-4316E2DC4F2E.jpeg Here we go. Im still unsure about the grips but sod it - had enough.
Have to give her a wash and wax and adjust the brakes properly. Then take a couple snaps out on the trail - tomorrow!
But overall it’s done.
It’s a very light and fast looking bike - and as rare as they come. I hope the changes were worth it.

Last edited:
Back