Twelve hours of Road America

Nabeaquam

BoTM Winner
Here is an interesting race concept. I don’t know if there are other races like this out there in other countries but I would be interested in finding this out. It’s a 12 hour bicycle road race on a 4 mile motor raceway with hills and right and left turns, not the typical American oval raceway. Prizes for most distance, fastest hill climb and highest top speed down the back 335 km/hr downhill almost straightaway. I saw a highly modified Ford mustang with a NASCAR engine top 200 mph here in the rain. It’s only 6 hours driving time away. I want to do this so bad. All profits go to support people with disabilities. They raise $100,000. It’s a fairly expensive entry fee but many people that race have a fund racing post. If you get enough donations your entry fee is returned. It gets a pretty big field.

I just looked up 2020 results. I wanted to go last year but I thought that wouldn’t be good with the pandemic raging. Anyway, last year’s winner did 63 laps in 12 hours, which is 252 miles, 21 mph average. Dash it, I can’t get anywhere near that. I’ll bet he was a mess after that. I will be happy with 100 miles. The hill climb winner did front uphill straightaway in 55 seconds.

Back