Titanium frame, Ti forks, Ti stem, Tune headset, Cooks...

Benandemu

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
After hoping I'd come up with a build for these items, I've come to realise that I'm never going to use them, and I will let them leave the fold. I'll accept PayPal gift or bank transfer and everything will be carefully packaged and sent recorded delivery. If you think I'm way out on prices, then let me know. Also, if you'd like non-botophucket-degraded pics, then I'll email you some.

Titanium frame of European origin (possibly French). Believe it to be French as it came from a seller there and uses a 30mm external seat tube diameter. This will require a tiny shim on a 31.8mm mech or a file on a 28.6mm one. The seat tube is 25.4mm seat post size and the head tube is 1 1/8th. Measurements are...
C to C seat tube 17
C to T seat tube 19
Chain stays 17
C to C top tube 22
Overall, a really light and well built frame, with decent geometry. The welds are dead tidy and the details like the wishbone and canti stop are really pretty. I'll do a deal on the seat post listed below to go with the frame. This frame is like new - it's been briefly built up, but had next to no use, which is quite evident when you inspect it.

£180 posted SOLD

photo-102.jpg

photo-94.jpg

photo-95.jpg

photo-96.jpg

photo-97.jpg

photo-98.jpg

photo-90.jpg

photo-91.jpg

photo-93.jpg

Kocmo Titanium forks (German). These are an amazing thing, and are stupidly light, but very, very well built. Way prettier than all the awful looking Litespeed ones, and non disc only too. They are a satin finish with a 400mm crown race to dropout measure and 175mm crown race to top of the unthreaded steerer. Absolutely lovely, and very classy!

£200 posted SOLD

photo-100.jpg

photo-101.jpg

photo-105.jpg

Aggressor Titanium stem. 1 1/8th ahead with a slight rise of about 5 degrees and a 130mm length C to C. This is a belter of a stem and much better than some so called 'exotica' out there that I've owned. I've upgraded the bolts to Titanium too.

£35 posted SOLD

photo-99.jpg

Titanium V-brake springs for Avid NOT Shimano. These are very light and won't rust, what more can I say. Add some Avid bling!

£12 posted SOLD

photo-103.jpg

USE style seat post in Black with a brand name of M Wave. I did a fair amount of searching to find a decent seat post for the frame above, and came up with this really tidy post that's pretty light too. The only marks are a couple of tiny scratches below the minimum insertion mark from trial fitting in the picture above. So, otherwise as new.
25.4mm and 350mm length.

£23 posted

photo-92.jpg

Tune Bobo headset (German) in a lovely Green. It's 1 1/8th and a really cool piece of engineering. The precision is fantastic and the bearings are silly smooth. This has seen very little use and still looks and feels new. Read the reviews on these headsets.

£55 posted

photo-88.jpg

photo-87.jpg

Cook Bros Racing cranks 175mm. These have seen some use, but are still in pretty good condition, with the logos still visible. Most of my other ones have lost their lettering! There are some small scuffs around them, and the worst one would be on the reverse of the spider where a stray chain must have been caught in behind the granny ring. Once the granny ring is in place, it's not as noticeable. The only other minor detail that I've seen to report is that one of the arms of the spider seems to have a little bend in it at the very end where it bolts the chainrings. I couldn't photograph it as the issue is too small to pck up, but thought it only fair to mention it. When the chainrings were bolted up, it wasn't a noticeable issue.

£100 posted SOLD

photo-79.jpg

photo-110.jpg

photo-112.jpg

photo-113.jpg

Thanks for looking.

EDIT: Sorry - I'm withdrawing my claim on the frame and seatpost - something else fell into my lap, and I can't justify an extra bike (lovely as this frame is!).

When you say the frame is french… I would say it's a 1995 Vitus ti frame. Quite rare…
Ask to Mojo-ti who owns one ;)

Latest posts

Back