Time carbon fork integrated race crown query???

Retro-Racer69

Devout Dirtbag
Hi guys, hopefully you can shed some light on this please, I purchased a set of which I thought were 1" non threaded steererTime forks for a project which has the old standard 1" head tube, when the forks arrived i immediately noticed the integrated crown race is 1 1/8" and the steerer is 1",obviously they won't fit my bike which is hugely disappointing, but I've never seen a 1 1/8" to a 1" steerer, they are not tapered neither, were they made for a special frame or something, or am I missing something?,see uploaded image, thanks guys

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201129-132850_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20201129-132850_Messenger.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 282
  • Screenshot_20201129-132850_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20201129-132850_Messenger.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 282
Never come across that before. However you can get 1"-1 1/8" steerer shims, so you can still shim the top. Obviously the shim needs to be long enough to go all the way down below the upper headset stack!

Nice 1 hamster,thanks for information, I could use them on a 1 1/8" headtube frame,but not on my intended 1" headtube frame

Re:

I've never seen that either. Would be good for you to see one in situ on a Time frame to see how they've worked it

Re:

They are probably from a dedicated time frame and fork combination with a hidden headset, the race looks like it is designed to fit the sort of sealed bearing that would sit directly into the headtube. I wouldn't be surprised if time had a proprietary 1 1/8" to 1" tapered design at some point

Exactly what foz says, i had a pair of time made forks on a different brands frame that were exactly like this.

You were basically stuck using the frame and fork together for ever.

Back