Ti Raleigh Seat Tube Decals.. The Definitive Guide To The Correct Team Livery

From my point of view:
whether you go back to Phil Bayton/Dave Lloyd pre-'75, or Hennie Kuiper/Jan Raas a few years later, or Joop a few years after that.. I think that we've produced something stylistically closer to what they had on their machines than that which has been generally available since then. A perfect replica is an approachable but not an achievable ideal.

From my point of view:
whether you go back to Phil Bayton/Dave Lloyd pre-'75, or Hennie Kuiper/Jan Raas a few years later, or Joop a few years after that.. I think that we've produced something stylistically closer to what they had on their machines than that which has been generally available since then. A perfect replica is an approachable but not an achievable ideal.

Ohhh...I feel a Montage coming on.. first up is an early Raleigh original with a thicker black center line and no black outline. This appears on very early SBDU frames and the early Team Bikes and Professional models. The font used is exactly the same in size and style to the down & top tube decals. The print quality can vary on each decal.

Next in the middle is a very dodgy looking imposter (old incorrect version) which has been based on a more upright font used on 1985 Panasonic and other later models.. this was NEVER used by Raleigh in its Ti Team Livery..😖

Finally the New Decal with artwork by torqueless which is based on the more refined Raleigh original seat tube decals from 1980-81....I think that what we have achieved speaks for itself and I'm really proud of the work that torqueless and Steve at H Lloyd Cycles have put into reaching our goal...👏👍

Zombodroid25012022052636.jpg

Last edited:
As there is so much misleading and incorrect information on the internet about the Ti Raleigh Team Livery many won't even be aware that their frames have been painted incorrectly. This has been a very long standing issue with other decal suppliers still using and replicating this incorrect font. I along with torqueless and Steve at H Lloyds have hopefully rectified this issue, something which none of the self proclaimed Raleigh experts out there seemed to notice or even comment on for many years. If a frame has the old incorrect seat tube decals then it's definitely not genuine original paint or its a partial re-paint, there are plenty of other ways of spotting a genuine SBDU, Team Professional, Record, Europa and so on.
As for investments being dented we were seeing incorrectly painted 753 frames fetching £1500 on eBay so are buyers blissfully unaware or they don't give a f**k....the correct looking ones seem to go for less now... it's nuts.
I ask as I’ve a 753 Ti Raleigh done by Argos last year so haven’t seen it yet being newly back in the country so I’m guessing wrong decals used 🤔

I ask as I’ve a 753 Ti Raleigh done by Argos last year so haven’t seen it yet being newly back in the country so I’m guessing wrong decals used 🤔
Do you know what date they painted it or any pictures of it on their website?

I've just checked the date on my final mock-up photos as the 8th of May 21 so these would have been available from H Lloyd Cycles. Fingers crossed that they didn't used any old decals they may have had in stock..

I've just checked the date on my final mock-up photos as the 8th of May 21 so these would have been available from H Lloyd Cycles. Fingers crossed that they didn't used any old decals they may have had in stock..
Unsure as to what decals the guys at Argos use but hopefully going down to see them next week for a bit of a chat as they did the 3 tribute bike frames for me also…along with renovating my low pro which I did all my PB’s when I was racing..

Unsure as to what decals the guys at Argos use but hopefully going down to see them next week for a bit of a chat as they did the 3 tribute bike frames for me also…along with renovating my low pro which I did all my PB’s when I was racing..
Sent you a PM

This was the frame before the renovation & respray & decals look Ok SB5032

ADFC7D09-A6AB-41FD-A563-DE3EA97AE4DF.jpg

Last edited:
This was the frame before the renovation & respray & decals look Ok SB5032

View attachment 598422
Wow, that's the original paint and decals... looks to be in really great condition but looking at your stunning past builds I can see you are striving for excellence. Looks like a Time Trial Special with braze on cable guides for Weinmann 500's..👍

Back