The Road bike Introduce Yourself Here Thread

How did you find retrobike?

• Google Search

Votes: 65 65.7%
  • Link from a friend

Votes: 16 16.2%
  • Social media (facebook, twitter, google+)

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Print media

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Another bike site

Votes: 10 10.1%
  • Something else

Votes: 6 6.1%

• Total voters

jackosbournesnr

Senior Retro Guru
Re:

Hi All,

I've been lurking around these parts for a year or two while I expand my steel collection. Recently got round to joining properly.

Have found this place a great reference source with some wonderful bikes on show.

I have to admit to being a retro-modder rather than period restorer and have recently added 3 late 80's & 90's steel frames to my collection joining the 1989 Bianchi I've owned since new.

Currently the proud owner of:

1989 Bianchi Campione d'Italia (fully refurbed 2009) 2006 Campag Centaur 9 speed group
1994 (maybe) Cougar 653 with Campag Athena/Racing T 9 speed
1994/5 (guess) Cougar 653 with Campag Chorus Carbon 10 speed (nearly complete)

Waiting in the queue:

1989 Concorde Gavina (Grinato Special paintjob) with Campag Deltas and bits of a 1st Gen Chorus group

Theres a bit of me that wrestles with doing anything other than full period restorations, but as I ride every day, I always find myself more comfortable building a bike that not only looks great but rides beautifully too.

Jamiedyer

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Welcome aboard after all this time :)
Sounds like a great collection Jack :)

I am a bit the same that while I would love to have things spotless and period perfect, mine get ridden all the time and usually well out in the sticks so I need something that will be reliable and more importantly, comfortable and less fatigueing.
Would love to see some pics, maybe start a build type thread for them over in the readers rides section. Everybody loves reading through that section :)

Jamie

jackosbournesnr

Senior Retro Guru
Re:

Cheers Jamie

Thread on the Cougar collection started, but unfortunately in the Retro MTB section. D'Oh!

Any mods around to move it?

Jamiedyer

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Hi Jack
I will ask one of the mtb mods to move it as my special mod powers only operate in the road section ;)

Jamie

mrgumby

rBotM Winner
Re: Re:

Welcome in mr_gumby!

:)

mrgumby (matt)

mr_gumby":d019vmvg said:
Hello everyone,
I'm Daniel, 29 years old ans I work in a bike shop besides my studies.

I am fairly new to the forum. But now that I got an old 1936 New Hudson Club I think I'll need advice in the retro department more often.

About me: I naturally love cycling and when I'm working on a project, I sometimes forget to eat.

Hattyfatner

Dirt Disciple
Re:

Morning,

I've been given a pair of boxed unused scott dropin bars which has rekindled my retro road interest...now to find a quill stem...

BlueDevil63

rBoTM Triple Crown
rBotM Winner
Was looking for pictures of Galmozzis and came upon this group. I participate in some US based groups (bikeforums and CR) quite a bit. I have a large collection of rarely ridden "show" bikes and a smaller set of regularly ridden vintage and modern bikes. Rarely ridden collection includes: 65 Masi Special, 70 Pogliaghi ItalCorse, 72 De Rosa, 72 Masi Gran Criterium, 72 Cinelli Speciale Corsa, 73 Galmozzi, 77 Confente Pro Strada, 79 Bianchi Super Leggera, 79 Gios Super Record, 81 Grandis, 81 Zeus Super Cronos, 82 Guerciotti Super Record, 82 Colnago Superissimo, 83 Ciocc San Cristobal, 83 Colnago Nuovo Mexico, 84 Masi Gran Criterium. Regularly ridden includes a mid-70s Melton framed vintage gravel grinder build. I'll post some pictures of some of these bikes.

--Jim