The Road bike Introduce Yourself Here Thread

How did you find retrobike?

• Google Search

Votes: 89 65.9%
  • Link from a friend

Votes: 17 12.6%
  • Social media (facebook, twitter, google+)

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Print media

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Another bike site

Votes: 17 12.6%
  • Something else

Votes: 10 7.4%

• Total voters

Jamiedyer

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Lovely TCR Peter!
Always nice to see an Aussie Giant.
When I came to the UK a good while back now, all I had was my backpack and a TCR.
It’s funny you say about a spoke wheel as it was only a fortnight ago that a friend of mine whose is culling his nice collection was showing me an original Mike Burrows carbon spoked TT wheel that was Laurent Jalaberts ONCE Giant wheel. Not for me but he was one of my favourites 🙂

Jamie

sheaharbo

Retro Newbie
Hi everybody Shea from Newcastle sorry I think I posted in the wrong bit earlier, not very good on computers lol, I have a old clubman and recently bought a Raleigh special products road bike that I have slowly been refurbing

was just wondering if anyone could tell me a bit more about the bike, it has a sachs group set on, I recently took the down tube shifters off to clean and when I have put them back on they are no longer clicking I was wondering if I had put them back together wrong and if there is a specific order the washers need to go back on (will upload a picture when I can)

1654700270971.png
1654700288067.pnglooking forward to having a bit craic
cheers :)

NedK

Retro Newbie
Hi... Ned the ex-sport rider. Used to mess around at club level in the 1980s/early 1990s.

Having an approaching 60 years old life crisis. Recently acquired a mint condition, barely ridden, bright pink 1990 steel framed Legnano bike. A friend of mine says I should keep it original components... But I'm doing a wee bit of tinkering of some components to 80s/early 90s components that I personally have fond memories of.

Don't worry, I will keep the original components so that they can be put back on for a faithful restoration if required.

Bit of a heart issue myself these days so will be gentle retro-rides for me now... And sitting on the green, with my retro bike, wearing an old school cycling cap, drinking cider, and tutting disapprovingly at people going by on their carbon fibre and aluminium 12 speed electronic shifters abominations.

When I've got the Legnano exactly how I want it, I will post photos on the Readers  Wives Bikes thread.

Cheers Ned.

Last edited:

Reluctant

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hi... Ned the ex-sport rider. Used to mess around at club level in the 1980s/early 1990s.

Having an approaching 60 years old life crisis. Recently acquired a mint condition, barely ridden, bright pink 1990 steel framed Legnano bike. A friend of mine says I should keep it original components... But I'm doing a wee bit of tinkering of some components to 80s/early 90s components that I personally have fond memories of.

Don't worry, I will keep the original components so that they can be put back on if required.

Bit of a heart issue myself these days so will be gentle retro-rides for me now... And sitting on the green, with my retro bike, wearing an old school cycling cap, drinking cider, and tutting disapprovingly at people going by on their carbon fibre and aluminium 12 speed electronic shifters abominations.

Cheers Ned.
Nice to have you on board, Ned :)