The Road bike Introduce Yourself Here Thread

How did you find retrobike?

• Google Search

Votes: 89 65.9%
  • Link from a friend

Votes: 17 12.6%
  • Social media (facebook, twitter, google+)

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Print media

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Another bike site

Votes: 17 12.6%
  • Something else

Votes: 10 7.4%

• Total voters

Bolehill

Retro Newbie
Welcome to the club, Chris! 😁

I like that Koga. It is from an era when they took up colour coding, and pulled it off, too. The "Golden Arrow" bits are lovely as well. They must have been just released when your bike was built.
Thanks for the warm welcome!

I'm the third owner of the bike apparently. The bike was first sold by Koga to someone in Poland, who later sold it on e-bay. It arrived in the UK in about ten packages and had to be re-assembled. Mike, who I bought it from had clearly lavished some love and care on it, but sold it to me when he became enamoured of a very nice Colnago. £325 well spent I thought, and the wife eventually agreed with me :)

Betsy

Retro Guru
^
Bolehills was/is my local BMX track.. they'll always be a piece of my heart and a piece of my front tooth at the Bolehills

Bolehill

Retro Newbie
^
Bolehills was/is my local BMX track.. they'll always be a piece of my heart and a piece of my front tooth at the Bolehills
Lived in Sheffield in my formative years. The bolehills was every kids playground back then... and I could ride up Waller Road!

frkl

Retro Guru
Hello all,
I've been around for a little bit and liking it a lot, but mostly over on the mountain side of things. I've noticed there are some folks who commute between both worlds, but that it would probably be worth saying hi over here, nonetheless.

And truth be told, I have always thought of myself as a road bike rider--or at least a 700c guy--and only got into the 26 inch world a few years ago.

My first real bike was a Bridgestone RB-T, and that really shaped my idea of what a bike should be--a bike for all sorts of roads. And for some reason, one of the first things I did when I dipped my toes in the mountain bike world was slap drop bars on one.

After I finish my current mountain build (another drop bar mtb), my next project is turning to my go to road bike, which needs some attention. And when I do, I'll be sure to start a bike thread for it.

ambientdan

Retro Newbie
Hi there...

I've just inherited a beautiful Holdsworth... My father passed recently and, on clearing out his place, we found this frame and a box of bits that I've had built up. Living overlooking Brighton Velodrome, this is definitely inspiration to get back on man-powered two wheels after too many years away

IMG_8209.jpeg

Tatsunoko

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
What a fantastic bank holiday Friday to be out on the bike this morning. finished lockdown project of a Look kg281 and now enjoying the fresh air and traffic free loops of the local bike track.

Attachments

• 20220415_104520.jpg
    20220415_104520.jpg
    1,005 KB · Views: 3

muse kidd

Retro Newbie
Hey gang... I just discovered the forum and thought I'd bring along my 1979 TREK 412. I've been riding her since I bought her out of the shop window many, many miles ago. She's been all over the world, but now I just take her out on day tours. Thanks for letting me join. Cheers!

P1060277_new.jpg

muse kidd

Retro Newbie
Hi there...

I've just inherited a beautiful Holdsworth... My father passed recently and, on clearing out his place, we found this frame and a box of bits that I've had built up. Living overlooking Brighton Velodrome, this is definitely inspiration to get back on man-powered two wheels after too many years away

View attachment 614040
I love the rake on that front fork... and the super skinny seat stays. That's a classic!

Mattlodi

Retro Newbie
Hi all, this is my first proper roadbike, a collegue gave it to me for free.
Paterlini was a famous workshop here where i live, after some research i discovered that the frame was made by Marastoni a frame builder from Reggio Emilia (Italy). I
In the next days i'll start to disassemble and clean it.
IMG_8802.JPG

Last edited:

RH9

Retro Newbie
Hi :) Peter here from Australia . . this is my Giant TCR 1 with original stem, carbon aero fork and ultegra 18 speed groupset.

Enjoy checking out the retro bicycles from the late 1990s and early 2000s!

If anyone can help me locate a Giant TCR carbon spoke wheelset that would be greatly appreciated.

ezgif-1-ff678c6203.jpg

Latest posts