The Road Bike How Much Thread

glpinxit

Retro Guru
Considering this is a “what is it worth” thread, there seem to be lots of people asking the question and virtually no replies. Is it me or is this the RetroBike equivalent of the ‘Mornington Crescent’ round in ‘I’m Sorry I Haven’t a Clue’?

Jamiedyer

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
I suppose if people don't know what it is worth then nobody will answer.
I will answer if I have an idea but prices lately are all over the place so it is hard to pin down. That being said I do think that there is more often than not a deathly silence in this section.
Not sure what the answer is really, if people don't have the answers then they don't have the answers. :)
We keep trying though.

Jamie

oldefortran

Devout Dirtbag
Not really a road rider anymore, but I found two pairs of ST-7400 hoods in one of my old stoarge boxes. Both pairs are black and still in the original plastic bag with tag. so they are NOS, NIB, BNWT or whatever :)

Anyone got an idea what I could ask for each pair? I have seen used but good single hoods go for 30 GBP and more.

Many thanks,
PB

Foreigner

Old School Hero
Re:

Well it is all about the market. Having seen these hoods on eBay for silly monies I went and bought the brifters including good hoods themselves for less. Saying that I would buy them but of course not for that sum.

Helmut Head

Dirt Disciple
Re:Campag 50th Anniversary group...

Hi all,
Does anyone know the real "buying" price for a NIB Campagnolo 50th Anniversary Groupset - the ones I have seen for sale range from £3000 upto £6000! Has anyone bought or sold one lately?

Thanks in advance, Mr Head

pollofritto

Dirt Disciple
Hello,

I would like to know the value of a Campagnolo Victory Crono front wheel and the Campagnolo Lambda strada rear wheel.

Both come with original rims.

Thank you,
pollofritto

Johnnyquk

Retro Newbie
Raleigh Rudge 1959

Please can anyone help I have a Raleigh Rudge 1959 I have no idea of its worth its in pretty good condition for its age it works and rides well could anyone shed a light on what i can ask for it

Attachments

• bike.jpg
    bike.jpg
    367.4 KB · Views: 330

BucksBoarder

Retro Newbie
Re:

Hi all

I've had this Lejeune road bike for a few years but I can't find much information about it like model or year it was made.
Its got rust on the frame but everything else works and its got new tyres and handlebar tape.

I was wondering if there is much of a market to sell this type of bike and if there is a rough value for it.

Attachments

• A51D64A4-EC7D-443A-9B5C-3C406EA93FC3-min.jpeg
    A51D64A4-EC7D-443A-9B5C-3C406EA93FC3-min.jpeg
    821.7 KB · Views: 145
  • A6480E4F-A985-4135-9E73-9BD067B6B3B6-min.jpeg
    A6480E4F-A985-4135-9E73-9BD067B6B3B6-min.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 145
  • 96B3FAF6-B623-4FD7-9E5C-8D2885511B4E-min.jpeg
    96B3FAF6-B623-4FD7-9E5C-8D2885511B4E-min.jpeg
    672.5 KB · Views: 145

Foreigner

Old School Hero
Re: Re:

BucksBoarder":qxemi4pr said:
Hi all

I've had this Lejeune road bike for a few years but I can't find much information about it like model or year it was made.
Its got rust on the frame but everything else works and its got new tyres and handlebar tape.

I was wondering if there is much of a market to sell this type of bike and if there is a rough value for it.

Well, all depends on where are you based firstly, as markets can be very different when pricing a bike. Looking at your example above it seems lower-mid end range, with basic equipment, steel wheels etc, so in dollars I would put it round 100 US max. It is quite small too, so the market for it is narrower still.

Foreigner

Old School Hero
Dan91":2qw9gxqs said:
Ok thanks Foreigner :D I’ve been doing as much research as possible but I never thought about weighing it.

Here’s a picture of the front of the stem.

I absolutely love the look And ride of these bikes. I’m thinking of upgrading the drive train to a chorus 9 speed With brifters but I’ll keep the older parts to one side rather than split it up. I think half of it’s not original anyway.

Danny

Hi Danny, sorry, forgot about this thread.... :facepalm: That quill stem is missing from 3TTT badge, it looks a bit off as is, so try to cover that gap between jaws of the stem with electrical tape at least or fashion some black plastic cover - use hair dryer to bent it in shape than simply glue on, after your final drop bars adjustment of course :D

Good luck and more importantly ride the hell out of it