The MTB Introduce Yourself Here Thread V

How did you find retrobike?

• Google Search

Votes: 141 61.6%
  • Link from a friend

Votes: 29 12.7%
  • Social media (facebook, twitter, google+)

Votes: 7 3.1%
  • Print media (mbr,privateer etc)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Another bike site

Votes: 23 10.0%
  • Something else

Votes: 29 12.7%

• Total voters

FluffyChicken

Archivist
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Have a look around, there is a for sale section, read the rules so you know you need to put and asking reprice on it.

Ask in the what's it worth area with a new topic to find out a rough value if you need it.

12ounce

Retro Newbie
Hi! Kieran here, a bit of a newbie to mountain biking in general. I've been converted by a friend after years of riding mainly track and road bikes, mainly for comfort reasons on my day to day commuter. Really enjoying renovating early/mid 90s bikes, with a bit of a soft spot for GTs as that's what I had when I was a yout.

TerryH

Retro Newbie
Hi all, newbie here living in Caen, France. Found the site while searching out info for a Kona Lava Dome recently given to me. Would like to keep it but it's 2 sizes too small for me.... sadly!

Gaz138

Retro Newbie
Hi all,

My names Gaz and I've come here to look for information and help in restoring my Orange E3. My dad bought me the bike approx 18 years ago and I terrorised the village on it until I passed my driving license. It's spent the last 15 years garaged and now it's time to give it some love and get it back to it's former glory!

Zaslit

Retro Newbie
Hi All, I'm a long time watcher / reader - thought it was about time I joined and said hello! I currently live in Sheffield on the edge of the Peak District, I only have 'modern' bikes at the moment but I have dreams of building up an early 90s GT Zaskar (probably like a lot of people!).

SDGshox

Dirt Disciple
hi, i'm new to the forum, but not to mtb, i lived the 90's with my kona, at the moment, i'm with elastomer suspension fork restorations, and some classics:
kona AA
sunn notion
well if anyone needs some elastomer, tell me and I'll see what I can do to help restore

Cheers

Proto2000

Dirt Disciple
Hi all. I always looked around here but never joined. Was with MTBR forever but now that it's not what it was years ago, decided to sign in here. I am in Northern California so I do see cool old bikes on the trails and for sale locally. Lots of Retro stuff going on and that suits me fine as I don't have but 1 newer bike. I'll kick this new membership off with a Yeti Ultimate. Bike is all original paint, head badge as well but new sticker-set since the old ones were badly worn. I do have an Accu Trax for it but the steer tube is too long so need to sort that out. Bullseye hubs, Girvin crankset and King headset.

Attachments

• 1005211849.jpg
    1005211849.jpg
    689.9 KB · Views: 12

mk one

Old School GrandMaster
Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Hi all. I always looked around here but never joined. Was with MTBR forever but now that it's not what it was years ago, decided to sign in here. I am in Northern California so I do see cool old bikes on the trails and for sale locally. Lots of Retro stuff going on and that suits me fine as I don't have but 1 newer bike. I'll kick this new membership off with a Yeti Ultimate. Bike is all original paint, head badge as well but new sticker-set since the old ones were badly worn. I do have an Accu Trax for it but the steer tube is too long so need to sort that out. Bullseye hubs, Girvin crankset and King headset.

Hi and welcome.

Always good to see a Yeti, you should post the bike up in the Readers bikes thread if you have time :)

mikecole

Retro Newbie
Hi all, lurked for about a week now(!) so thought I'd better say hello!

Mid/late 90's Kona fan... and at the time my steeds were a 95 Cinder Cone (sold it), a 95 Sex One (broke it), a 96 Explosif (broke it) and then stuck with a 97 Explosif now converted to single speed which is still running to this day.

Love the forum! Speak soon guys.

Mike.

Cranky

Retro Newbie
Hey bike people.

I seem to keep beeing directed to this webpage of unknown reasons. but now that i come here occasionaly i decided to make a profile.

oh yeah and i do have one or two bike to many. Some projects, some running. Most of what i have running is Alu but i do have a bit of steel in the pipeline i hope to share with you guys soon.

thanks for the great threads and inspiration.

//Casper