The Communal Drink and Good Times Thread

Woz

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
The M570 is the weirdest of things. Must have been a result of a drunk office party orgy. Can't recall anything like it before or after, the hangover spilled over to M571 where I think all they did was introduce Octalink. One gruppo, variants in silver, gold, black, bluey-black.

Obviously it was the bluey-black I was thinking, provide some contrast with the mass of silver, help pick out the decals.

1656805527092.png

Last edited:

Imlach

Kona Fan
Specialized Fan
Feedback
View
The M570 is the weirdest of things. Must have been a result of a drunk office party orgy. Can't recall anything like it before or after, the hangover spilled over to M751 where I think all they did was introduce Octalink. One gruppo, variants in silver, gold, black, bluey-black.

Obviously it was the bluey-black I was thinking, provide some contrast with the mass of silver, help pick out the decals.

View attachment 640754
The frame seems to have a very faint yellowing, kind of similar to titanium, which is quite nice. It does mean silver doesn't run well with it, the stem and post that's on the frame atm seem to be far more shiny. If I was bold try to match the pink blue decals by using multicolour ano and pink/light blue ano bits. But I always get scared colour matching as I mess it up every time. I like black.

Mickeyspinn

rBotM Winner
I'm going to get my better half to password protect ebay and other purchasing apps when I am drunk

Now this is going to be the last project for a while I swear. Will probably set it up for gravel duty with maybe some Bullmoose bars..

View attachment 640696

Seatpost is interesting! If it were me I'd desticker it ....and fit pretty much any groupset parts as long as their shiny silver ...a full on silver machine

Imlach

Kona Fan
Specialized Fan
Feedback
View
Seatpost is interesting! If it were me I'd desticker it ....and fit pretty much any groupset parts as long as their shiny silver ...a full on silver machine

Goldfinger, silver machine, whats happening to me. Far better than silver how does 1x black Thomson seatpost, 1x black Thomson stem and some black bmx cranks because... Because... I found a cheapo pair with a 6 inch spindle! Also surely older bikes don't have anywhere near as wide chainstays as my Surly. Aaaaah... The mind is at play, but it needs its fuel.

Mickeyspinn

rBotM Winner
Goldfinger, silver machine, whats happening to me. Far better than silver how does 1x black Thomson seatpost, 1x black Thomson stem and some black bmx cranks because... Because... I found a cheapo pair with a 6 inch spindle! Also surely older bikes don't have anywhere near as wide chainstays as my Surly. Aaaaah... The mind is at play, but it needs its fuel.
You just can't help yourself can you 😁
Now be honest was this latest boozy buy an import or a homebrew buy?
Btw more than happy to assist in the procurement of UK parts like a shuttle depot...new bits unwrapped sprinkled with rust dust and dirty grease and forwarded on as gifts 😘

Mickeyspinn

rBotM Winner
To all at the bar....I'm not to be served until my belt is taught and running true with some kind of unpatented tension release for speed change..

IMG_20220703_094647_578.jpg
It was only going to be a day job getting it going.. 😆

The History Man

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Overbury's Fan
Feedback
View
Are you left handed or is there room? As long as you go down before up on the ratios you’ll be fine.

Mickeyspinn

rBotM Winner
I'm an ambidickslexic octopus ! It's been run for years on one speed with the motor and layshaft hanging off the wall....my workshops big but built like a little shed so I don't fancy that kinda weight on the wall ....don't want it all dropping in on me while I'm making a cut 😆 currently staring at this old truing jig I found whilst digging a 3 foot deep 60 foot trench...hmmm maybe it has potential !
IMG_20220703_101730_212.jpg