The Communal Drink and Good Times Thread

Imlach

Kona Fan
Specialized Fan
Feedback
View
Got the calipers on, sitting here sweaty on the carpet, wishing I had an ice cold beer at hand, but I'm out. Emergency shopping needed.

If a bike doesn't have old school cable stops, but instead those clampy thingy ones, do I just run the cable housing solid from lever to caliper like I would on hydraulic?

Imlach

Kona Fan
Specialized Fan
Feedback
View
Feck don't have zip ties. 2x emergency shopping. Beer and zip ties. Got my lovely Chinese takeaway levers on though.20220629_023409.jpg

Mickeyspinn

rBotM Winner
Stella. One of my go too Lagers. But I'm civilised and put it in a glass. :p

Between your legs something well civilised is going on (from your knees down towards your feet), .

That bike stand / jig looks great. Homemade?
My Stella glass went when I sold my van....think it was in the glovebox 🙄
Bike stand is ex post office best bike stand in the world "the jaws of death," I don't do carbon bikes probably wise cos the clamp on it would munch it!

Reactions: Woz

Mickeyspinn

rBotM Winner
Poitin/ Pochin Irish version on my demob . I have never been quite the same person since .
Old friend of mine now passed sadly did a few tours during the troubles out there one of his fav jobs was to go out on the peat bogs to catch guys with their stills working....they'd sit in a Landover with binoculars watching em whilst they watched em back through binoculars! Obv by the time they reached em they had the still packed down.....so they'd end up just pissed 😁

Mickeyspinn

rBotM Winner
Can't speak for this particular item.

Thought about something like this then when BBQ season comes around, especially as I can get Pelfort in those type kegs.

Got incredibly put off the idea seeing the quantity of these type of things dumped at the tip.
Pelfort! Damn I love that beer....got me through Brittany and half way up the Loire valkey where sadly it seemed to run out....🤨
Pelfort Avec citron...refreshes like no other👍

Woz

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
^ Oh yes. No messing about with that. Probably weighs a ton and must be really stabile.