SWMBO's Stumphopper/Rockjumper?? Cr*p photo update 26.02.13

We_are_Stevo

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Title edited now the cat's out of the bag - as it were... ;)

PC170170.jpg

You'll have to excuse the rather cluttered desk, much to SWMBO's dismay I live in a state of perpetual chaos! :oops:

PC170169.jpg

Fresh from the powder coaters' in exactly the right shade of 'purply-pink' :cool:

roblobster

Dirt Disciple
would have to be a 98 then, no?
just dismantled mine and the seat clamp area looks very much like it, so was my guess as well, but the only ritchey tubing I can think of on stumpys was on the last steel batch, no? the lovely lovely silver and orange ones.

We_are_Stevo

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Yeah, this is as far as I've got at the moment...

GEDC0204.jpg

...well no, I tell a lie, I've actually decalled it up but the frame is now in the shed awaiting assembly and I don't have a photo' of it with them on yet.

Though I will admit to having committed sacrilege by attacking it with an angle grinder prior to powder coating... :shock:

We_are_Stevo

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Now there's a man who knows his Specialized's ;)

It is indeed SWMBO's steel framed Rockhopper, post-surgery with the angle grinder; I took off all four superfluous rack mounts to tidy up the stays, and removed the canti-hanger while I was at it as I'm fitting V's and didn't want to raise the ire of the 'redundant canti-hanger brigade' any more than was absolutely necessary! :LOL:

To compound my felonious approach to this build I have already applied a set of OEM Specialized decals; for a Stumpy! :shock:

Not that I am trying to make it out to be something it isn't; I'm just making it look nice and the decals came up at a bargain price so I couldn't resist...

...and anyway, I do believe that one years' Stumpjumper became anothers' Rockhopper as the models progressed so I feel halfway vindicated :?

The specific colour request was for purple, the closest the powder coaters could get was this 'purply-pink' and it's remarkably close to the Stumpy shade into the bargain, so job done...

...I dare say the purists will still object though :oops:

We_are_Stevo

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
A quick update in between squalls!

GEDC0211.jpg

I actually left the headset cups in when I took it to the powder coaters' because I wanted them the same colour as the frame; when I went to collect it he'd taken them out for me!

Sometimes people can be too helpfull... :?