Sorted Suspension forks - 1 1/8, 26", v-brake

Knightrider

Orange 🍊 Fan
I am after some forks to rebuild my 1998 Orange O2, as the Marzocchi's that are currently on there are dead. Don't have to be exactly period, but as light as possible and in good condition/serviceable. I am quite light - 72kg - so air forks probably best? 80-100mm travel would be fine.

26" 1 1/8 steerer - catalogue suggests that the 19" frame has a steerer length of 203mm. Must have v-brake bosses.

Open to suggestions - what does anyone have spare?

I have a set of reba world cups with v lowers, need to check steerer length though as may not be long enough.

Will let you know if they are anywhere near the length you need, but suspect around the 190mm mark.

I have a set of reba world cups with v lowers, need to check steerer length though as may not be long enough.

Will let you know if they are anywhere near the length you need, but suspect around the 190mm mark.

Definately interested if long enough and in good condition.

I don't have that much experience fitting forks - not sure what the shortest steerer I can get away with if catalogue is 203mm?

I thought so too... Took them to my LBS who sent them off for service. Apparently the sealed air cartridge is seized - they were only able to get 30mm travel out of them...?

That's a good question! They are still at the shop bat the moment - I know what they look like, I think 2008, air sprung. Might have to wait until I get them back...

Got the forks back at the weekend - they are 2008 Mx Pro lo. Stuck with 30mm travel - I presume the TST cartridge has gone?

Have now sorted a set of RC36 pro class 2, so I'll save them for another day...

Back