Suggestions / recommendations wanted for frame refinishing

MR OX

Specialized Fan
Feedback
View
I have my next build pending but am seriously considering having the frame stripped & re-finished before I start. It's fillet brazed with Tange steel tubing. any suggestions / recommendations gratefully received, I'm down on the south coast but location is essential to me.

There's a big thread in this section somewhere dedicated to this topic, detailing the recommended and those to avoid.

Speaking of ones to avoid, after using colourtech myself, I try and take every opportunity to warn people who value their bikes to steer well clear of them. They screwed up a job I had them do for me, and they could not care less that they had. I had to pay someone else to right their wrongs as a result. Absolutely awful company, poor quality and unbelievably rude to boot.

I'll see if I can find the thread with the recommendations.

There's a big thread in this section somewhere dedicated to this topic, detailing the recommended and those to avoid.

Speaking of ones to avoid, after using colourtech myself, I try and take every opportunity to warn people who value their bikes to steer well clear of them. They screwed up a job I had them do for me, and they could not care less that they had. I had to pay someone else to right their wrongs as a result. Absolutely awful company, poor quality and unbelievably rude to boot.

I'll see if I can find the thread with the recommendations.
Colourtech comment heartily seconded. He did a nice job on a frameset but unfortunately had painted someone else’s fork and returned it as mine. Wrong style, didn’t fit frame, useless to me and a headache and expense for me to find another. Dave at Colourtech didn’t give a monkeys and I never heard from him again after my first few calls to get my fork back. Oh, and it took nine months to paint it in the first place!

You're Southampton aren't you? Trestan Finishers, down on the Bitterne Riviera are great. Lovely work, lovely people.

Back