Suggestions / recommendations wanted for frame refinishing

MR OX

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I have my next build pending but am seriously considering having the frame stripped & re-finished before I start. It's fillet brazed with Tange steel tubing. any suggestions / recommendations gratefully received, I'm down on the south coast but location is essential to me.

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
There's a big thread in this section somewhere dedicated to this topic, detailing the recommended and those to avoid.

Speaking of ones to avoid, after using colourtech myself, I try and take every opportunity to warn people who value their bikes to steer well clear of them. They screwed up a job I had them do for me, and they could not care less that they had. I had to pay someone else to right their wrongs as a result. Absolutely awful company, poor quality and unbelievably rude to boot.

I'll see if I can find the thread with the recommendations.

Rotorhead

Retro Guru
There's a big thread in this section somewhere dedicated to this topic, detailing the recommended and those to avoid.

Speaking of ones to avoid, after using colourtech myself, I try and take every opportunity to warn people who value their bikes to steer well clear of them. They screwed up a job I had them do for me, and they could not care less that they had. I had to pay someone else to right their wrongs as a result. Absolutely awful company, poor quality and unbelievably rude to boot.

I'll see if I can find the thread with the recommendations.
Colourtech comment heartily seconded. He did a nice job on a frameset but unfortunately had painted someone else’s fork and returned it as mine. Wrong style, didn’t fit frame, useless to me and a headache and expense for me to find another. Dave at Colourtech didn’t give a monkeys and I never heard from him again after my first few calls to get my fork back. Oh, and it took nine months to paint it in the first place!