Smelly saddle - just drill it ?😷

It is sounding like you really like/want to keep, the saddle. I think getting it re-foamed would be the best option if that is the case.

It is sounding like you really like/want to keep, the saddle. I think getting it re-foamed would be the best option if that is the case.
Is that even an option, where can I get that done ? …tempted to give it a go myself as well. Saddles cheap enough and a spare at that.

I’ve 10-15 other saddles, admittedly half of them are Flites, but non of them have had any issues ever, so it’s a design fault as far as I’m concerned, hence I figured it needs to be modified. I thought others might come back saying, yes that era Kona saddle all do that !

What about evaporating all liquids? Microwave would be my weapon of choice. Just ignore the micro lightnings. You might even end up with some cool patterns on the steel rails.

hmm

Stick it in a container full of rice to absorb any excess moisture (old mobile phone trick)

put it in a plastic bag and put it in the freezer (old trainner trick) apparently it freezes the bacteria that may be causing the smell

Is that even an option, where can I get that done ? …tempted to give it a go myself as well. Saddles cheap enough and a spare at that.

A few threads on here about saddles. Here is first one i came across -

Back