For Sale The END! We have stopped! Silicone Springs - elastomers for Manitou/RockShox/Proflex

Re:

Do you you do a medium of firm elastomer for a 93 Pro-Flex? I’ve been offered a nice frame, but it has no elastomer. Just trying to work out if it’s worth buying the frame. I’m around 100kg so I don’t think a “soft” one will work.

Re:

Sorry one hardness is available (soft) at the moment :(
Try suspensionforkparts.net theirs is A LOT harder than mine. Also double the cost, since it comes from the US. And not yellow...

Re: Replacement elastomer for Manitou 2/3/4 & Judy *NOW PROFLEX*

if there's an interest in Manitou 2/3/4/Sport/Comp seals I might be able to make them as well.

Stu68":cmbw637j said:
Ok, now I understand, so the old ones measured 96mm, would you be able to supply 4@ 28mm per leg and I will have to cut one down and stack them with the spacers you first mentioned?

For the record, these are 63mm travel Judy and the MCU stack should be 100mm when new.

FluffyChicken":1pnxhf7s said:
Stu68":1pnxhf7s said:
Ok, now I understand, so the old ones measured 96mm, would you be able to supply 4@ 28mm per leg and I will have to cut one down and stack them with the spacers you first mentioned?

For the record, these are 63mm travel Judy and the MCU stack should be 100mm when new.
100mm stack in the Type2 setup, right?

Well, this sucks. Long time lurker here, but Retrobike doesn't allow me to PM more than once, or reply to PM's anymore, unless I.....uh..... "participate" more in the forum. lol. So I will write my PM reply to rva here.

Hi rva,

Forgot to tell you that I got your elastomers the past Friday, June 5th. Two weeks from Europe to NorCal ain't bad during the pandemic.

I will admit...

Wow, your replacement elastomers/MCUs feel pretty damn good. I think they're BETTER than the crappy original that came with the fork. I don't remember my '95 Judy XC feeling this good. No joke. Either I did a good job cleaning/rebuilding my fork and changing the oil in the cartridge ;) , OR, your replacement elastomers feel excellent. Or both. :cool: :LOL:

By the way, I used all 10 elastomers you sent me, without cutting any. My original MCU stack (my only good leg) measures 7 inches (178mm) - 6 blocks with 5 spacers/jax. This equals to 4.5 blocks of your replacement elastomers per leg, BUT...I didn't want to cut the 5th one in half. I decided to used all 5 blocks per leg. No problem at all. Actually, it feels great. Nice and plush. Better than the crappy original MCUs....in my opinion.

Thanks for the awesome elastomer replacement.

-J

ps. I wrote a quick positive buyer feedback for your Retrobike seller section....and also because a good product deserves an occasional shout-out ;)

---------------

Pictures for those people still on the borderline. Original Rock Shox MCUs on the RIGHT, rva's replacement on the LEFT. Instead of cutting the 5th block in half to match the original stack length, I decided to use all 5 per leg. This is what it looks like with all 5 inside the upper tubes:

As you can see, the top block (red) peeks out a bit over the fork crown/upper tube, ~ 2+ mm. Now you're wondering about the top cap? No worries because when I screw on that plastic preload adjuster knob/thingie, I adjusted the dial to zero (full counter-clockwise), push down on the elastomers until the threads meet, then I screw on that adjuster knob/cap to the upper tube, both sides. Not hard at all.

Fork feels great to me. And the preload adjuster dials still work.

Attachments

• elastomers in fork b.jpg
    elastomers in fork b.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 829
  • elastomers 001b.jpg
    elastomers 001b.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 829

I appreciate the positive comment, you would surprise how many do not take the time and effort to actually get back to me.

BTW I always knew these were good, as there was no negative comment eighter :D

Re: Manitou 1??

Hi,

I’ve had a set of these on my Giant cadex 1 since about ‘95. Just trying to revive them and need new elastomers. Looks like they have 1 rebound, a small and large compression elastomer in each fork? I’ve not used the bike for some time and not an expert but was wondering if you provide replacements for these elastomers?

Thanks

Attachments

• E74415B6-7C0B-4B0B-96B0-D90BCBD1AC4F.jpeg
    E74415B6-7C0B-4B0B-96B0-D90BCBD1AC4F.jpeg
    48.1 KB · Views: 795
Back