For Sale The END! We have stopped! Silicone Springs - elastomers for Manitou/RockShox/Proflex

Re: Replacement elastomer for Manitou 2/3/4 & Judy *NOW PROFLEX*

Doesn't seem to be many reviews, so here goes...

I've just rebuilt my Manitou 2 forks using these rubbers. I sorted the sale through email, which worked well for me & the replies from Rob have been very quick. His email in case you missed it elsewhere in this thread... rob@bikemag.hu
Delivery was also very quick considering what a shambles the world is currently in!

I was a little confused over the amount of rubbers I needed for the rebuild, too much time spent on Google instead of going with my gut. In the end I've fitted 2.5 rubbers on each side. The rubbers are really easy to cut, just ensure you use a new blade.

The other thing I got hung up on was what rubbers I needed, soft, medium or hard. The first thing to note on these rubbers, they are not the same hardness as the originals. I'm not the smallest of guys & used to bottom out the originals when fitted with mediums, so ran a mixture of mostly the hard set, with 1 small medium on each side. I've fitted all medium rubbers on my rebuild & they have yet to bottom out. They feel nice & smooth, without depressing too much under harsh pedal load.

The rebound rubber was also shot on my forks, they had turned into black tar. Again, after over thinking this & trying to work out length etc, I gave up & cut a soft rubber in half, sticking a full half in each side. I expected these to be too big, but they seem to work fine. Certainly no clunking that I've noticed.

A quick note on fitment, Rob has said any grease can be used with these rubbers, so right or wrong, I've just used a lithium based multi-purpose grease. Google just added more confusion than useful information on grease type for this job, so fingers crossed that won't come back to bite me. I found alcohol based wipes helped clean all the old crap away from the forks & fittings. It was a long job to clean everything up, but definitely worth the time. I left the forks on the bike for the rebuild, which made putting the long bolt back in much easier. You can compress the forks to get the bolts into the treads by just pushing down on the handlebars.

Sorry this has go a little long, so I'll quickly finish by saying, if you need to rebuild your forks, give these a go! Many thanks to Rob to giving my 25 year old forks a new lease of life!

Re: Re:

Zippygser":15toc3iq said:
Hi there. Are you able to give me a price for a set for the quadra 21r. Second question is what is the delivery time and lastly do you supply grease in the kit as well. Sorry for all the questions
no need to be sorry for asking appropriate questions
I have not sold these to Quadra owners, so I would need some basic information to check if we can make them work:
- what's the inside diameter of the stanchion tubes? these are 19mm and will be about 24-25 when compressed, you need to have enough room to handle this
- what's the original stack height of the elastomers? there are 39mm in height, but can be cut to size

regarding post I have bad news only: it's anything from 2 weeks to a month. France was 13 days (07.15 to 07.2:cool: that's a recent example, but there's a guy in Spain who's still waiting after 3 weeks. I am sorry for this, the 'economical' way is regular post, and post these days nuts. I can send them by courier, but that's significantly more expensive. GLS is about £20 and prices go upwards from that point.

Re: Replacement elastomer for Manitou 2/3/4 & Judy *NOW PROFLEX*

Chewbacca":35ehz05c said:
Many thanks to Rob to giving my 25 year old forks a new lease of life!
appreciate the feedback :xmas-big-grin: next time please post some pictures for the doubters :mrgreen:

Re: Replacement elastomer for Manitou 2/3/4 & Judy and more

charly":3qbeay3s said:
Hi, Dou you have a set for a quadra 21R rock shox please? probably mediums? 93kg.. Can you give me a price including shipping to Belgium?

I thought I saw this before earlier in this thread. In 2018 you supplied Charly for the same shock. Do you not have that specs anymore?

Re:

Hi there. It looks like the rock shox quadra q21r has 8no 19mm diameter elastomers @ 25mm length (measured in used state) could possibly be 26-27mm in original unused state.

Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• IMG_20200728_193536.jpg
    IMG_20200728_193536.jpg
    972.6 KB · Views: 988
  • IMG_20200728_192634.jpg
    IMG_20200728_192634.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 986
Re:

Then its just perfect. Mine is 19mm outside diameter, so original size. Length is a bit more, but that means you use one less (or cut one)
I sell 6 for £20 and 10 for £30 plus there is £8 for shipping.

Re:

Yep thats fine.
4 would be then 156mm per leg, confirm if thats good
Please check first post regarding shipment times and ride firmness (soft or medium) and get back to me.
Payment to rob@bikemag.hu F&F appreciated if paying for goods please cover my costs (4%)

Back