Show us your brodie love..............

Retro_Roy

BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Re: Re:

BC":21fje0qg said:
At work on a tiny phone, don't mean to be short or miss questions, sorry. Yes, receipt says 19.5" Romax. Lol the owner didn't do anything to this bike unless it fell off or broke. The last thing I see him doing is sourcing a b decal and put it in the head tube when he didn't even oil it.

Maybe it's on Paul's books as another `custom'.
Making it NOT a Rocky. Another moonlight build by Paul.
You going to email Paul for an answer?

Doesn't I give a bit of a timeline in Paul's book as to when the
`b' came about? I know it states when Romax name came in to
being.

feesh

Dirt Disciple
I read Paul's book quite recently and don't recall any mention of when he started the B head tube decal. FWIW mine didn't come with one - only decals were the Brodie decals on the down tube, Tange MTB sticker and Reckless sticker on the seat tube.

Looking forward to some more info and pics on this bike. If it for sure is #106 it'd be cool if Paul B could shed some light on it.

devo

Dirt Disciple
It's tough, the upper seat stays don't flatten out like I've seen on early Avalanches. Even looks like it could be a '87 RMB Team Blizzard. I found this article about Brodie which might help as well.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-07-24 at 7.45.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-24 at 7.45.24 PM.png
    395.7 KB · Views: 1,067

Retro_Roy

BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Re:

Changing my guess. Now i'm thinking it's a Thunderbolt. Reason for this
is notes i've taken from Paul's book show #042 as last Avalanche he made.
Should clarify, not the book Paul just wrote, but his book of serial numbers.
THE book of numbers.

BC

Retro Guru
Re:

So I messed up. With a combination of the excitement, sleep deprivation, and years of mud, I mixed up the numbers. It isn't 106, it's 160. But wait, there's more! I couldn't really read it and had to take a photo and then zoom in. The 6 turned out to be an 8. So, it's #180. And after PayPal'ing some race-gas money to Paul to run the sn, he confirmed it's a 19.5" Romax built March 30/1987.

feesh

Dirt Disciple
Cool! I sort of figured perhaps the serial number was being read wrong, that would explain a LOT!

Interesting that it was only 6 frames after mine - which means I must have gotten mine in '87, not '86 like I would have sworn up and down to! Now I need to dig through old pics and confirm...

Also interesting yours had a head tube "B" and mine did not.

In any case, congrats on your Romax!

BC

Retro Guru
Re:

Thanks, Fresh. So glad as well. Yeah, I'm not sure how Paul did his serial numbers. Some stamp as they complete, others do a batch of BB shells and put them on the shelf and used at random times. I'd love a 20.5" Romax :)

Blizz

Retro Guru
1990 Climbmax...I finally got a hold of this one after spotting it 2 years ago :D

Attachments

• 90Climbmax.jpg
    90Climbmax.jpg
    408.4 KB · Views: 856